Viper to be Replaced?

lilfedncc06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the chyrsler firepower what you guys are talking about? its a better looking crosfire on a viper chasis

i kinda like it but nothing can repalce the viper

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the chyrsler firepower what you guys are talking about? its a better looking crosfire on a viper chasis

i kinda like it but nothing can repalce the viper

I tried to convince the powers at DCX Marketing that the FirePower should be a Dodge, not a Chrysler.... it could be the Volume Dodge and be the Corvette fighter in the Dodge Brand. It would not be a Viper replacement, but a car that could help lower the price of Vipers because of increased volume, the same reason that GM can do the Z06 so "cheap".

It would help a ton even if it was a Chrysler, still feel it should be a Dodge though :)

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it could be considered a corvette fighter. With less HP and assuming more amenities(ie: more weight), it could be more inline with a jaguar XK, Maserati coupe and other luxo GT models.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, a Corvette fighter and what Chrysler needs. Dodge has the Caliber, ALL trucks, Durango, Magnum, Charger, and of course the Viper. Chrysler needs a performance vehicle (not including the two SRT models, Crossfire & 300) and the Firepower is it. The base Vette makes 400 HP and is often equipped with all the goodies - heated & power seats, satellite radio, and everything else. The Firepower (or whatever it will end up being named) is a direct shot at the non-Z06 Vette with 25 more horsepower and many of the same gadgets. For the Z06, the all-new Viper will do just fine... :2tu: