Viper vid of my GTS from Toronto Motorsport Park.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Officially went from poser status to track beast in 8 hours or less on Sunday at an Exotic Car Lapping event.

Had a blast and had the chance to have an instructor with mucho experience spend a 20 minute session in the pass seat of my car on the track.

Wow, alot to take in as a novice on the fly while trying to attempt the line he is describing. Afterwards, however, I started to take in what he went over and felt my driving went from not knowing much, to uhhh, knowing a tiny bit?

Car took a beating, my side sills match my rotor lettering, as in yellow. My brakes gave out 100%, luckily in the "pit" area and not on the fly, some other GenII cars were not so lucky and had their brakes fail on the track, not good. Fluid has to be flushed, new pads for me as well all around, and will probably repaint the sills. They were yellowing previous to high flows and have some chips on the underside, overall not a big deal. I kept the car on the track and didn't come in contact with anything else, and mostly importantly had an absolute blast, which is what it's all about.

Here's a vid that RickL from Mi whipped up, he came along as co-pilot and spent some seat time on the ride home to pull him over to the dark side, hopefully it worked. Thanks again Rick......

RyanCayugaVid

oh yeah, burned up $150 in gas in 1 day, a personal best since ownership!!:)
at one point we worked out over a 1/4 tank in 5 minutes of driving, sweetness...

S

SUN RA KAT

Great video! Reminds me of my first time on a track (one month ago at Viper days at Mid Ohio) with the world's bravest man - Rick, my instructor. I even used turn signals to pass people and let them pass me the first time out.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool video, I bet you had just as much fun getting to the track with that nice caravan :cool:

OntarioJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice video Ryan, I particularly like that Red Viper on your butt ;-)
That was some of the most fun I've had in a while.
Unfortunately I locked up my rear right when I got my brake fade, looking for tires now :-(
The good news is I can burn up the old tires at Grand Bend.

Are you coming out with us to Grand Bend July 5th 6th? if so book your room real fast.

drop me a line...

Jeff.

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice movie Ryan,and thanks for making it .....Glad you had a blast, makes it worth the drive eh. See you at the next event.

OP
OP
G

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20 bucks of the gas total was 2 gallons of 110 at the track at 10 bucks a gallon to get me to the nearest gas station when Rick noticed I was under empty.

so for the record I'll go with $130!!!:D

RickL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was definitely a fun day and I'm glad we had decent weather. Thanks again for the invite and letting me drive the car Ryan!

I'll mess with all the footage and see if I can come up with something better. I threw that together in about 5 minutes and the quality isn't too great.

-Rick