VIPER vs VETTE vs PORSCHE Track Day

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Track Rats....

I want to extend an invitation to all VIPERS to gang up... I mean drive on course for a Viper/Vette/Porsche track day.

I have been working with Bill Neal, the organizer of the track group 10/10ths. Myself, along with several other guys from the STL VC, have attended several of their events. They are a serious group of drivers that like to have fun....
They usually run three groups with each group getting 5-30 minute sessions a day.
Check out the group guidelines in the link below. The "Advanced" group has open passing anywhere on the track with no "point by". (We still do if it's convenient, but not mandatory) They usually do one rolling race start each day too. I think the term is "gentlemans racing"....
This is the group that the Viper/Vette/Porsche slaughter, I mean run group will be in.....

The event will be a three day track event at Putnam Park on May 4,5,6. If we get enough interest, Bill is considering closing Friday off to everyone except the Viper/Vette/Porsche group.

Basically, it is a three day event with a good possibility of open track ALL DAY on Friday the 4th.

At worst, it is a three day event with a bunch of other Vipers stomping, I mean tracking with vettes and Porsches.

It's still in the planning stages but wanted to let you know as you make your plans for next year. If you think you might be interested, let me know. (No obligation) It would help Bill decide to close off the Friday or not.

This is the website. Check out the run group format etc. The photo is me getting ready to run over Bill....:)

http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/ph...the_month.html

Again, if you are slightly interested, send me a pm, email at [email protected] or post up here.

I know a lot of guys aren't on here so please pass this on.

Thanks and hope some of you can make it.

Mike Perkins
VP Gateway VC

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't Danny Popp still the Chief Instructor? If so, you guys who get to go will do well to have him show you the line on this track. Or my other buddy Todd Rumpke...these guys bring it. ;)

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't Danny Popp still the Chief Instructor? If so, you guys who get to go will do well to have him show you the line on this track. Or my other buddy Todd Rumpke...these guys bring it. ;)

Yes he is...... He's one of the Vette guys.....

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of people have mentioned that they weren't coming to the event because they didn't want to compete or get lap times...

THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

The TT aspect is just an OPTIONAL part of the "advanced" run group... Participants are not in any way required to take part in the competition...

The Intermediate and Novice run groups DO NOT have TT events whatsoever.

Basically, this is a three day track event with an OPTIONAL TT competition in the advanced run group only...

It's always fun to run with other Vipers...

( Kicking.... I mean competing with other makes of cars can be fun too....:D)

The links to sign up are above. Just a little over a week away....

More Vipers, more fun.....!!!!! :headbang:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper