Viper vs Viper II " The Rematch"

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper vs Viper II \" The Rematch\"

Dear VCA Members:

Here is the rematch the Viper Club has been waiting for! The Dogfight in the Desert, Round Two. The Dodge Viper SRT-10 and the Viper Competition Coupe will once again drag race the Air Force “Viper” Fighter jet. Based on the photo finish last year, we are expecting a Viper win this year. This awesome showdown is part of a weekend-long event taking place March 14-16, 2003, at Luke Air Force Base outside of Phoenix, Arizona. The weekend also includes a Friday night reception and Saturday barbeque dinner (both with the Thunderbirds and stunt pilots), lunch coupons and VIP seating for the Luke AFB air show and drag race on Saturday and Sunday, a commemorative T-Shirt and a specially minted Viper coin.

A Viper Corral will be set up at the Air Force Base for the Vipers to park from Friday evening’s reception until Sunday after the air show. The cost for the event is $200 per registration (this covers up to two attendees) with all proceeds going to Luke Air Force Base charities. There is a limit of 100 cars and 200 hundred people, so sign up now! It is not a requirement that you bring your car, but in the event we are over capacity, preference will be given to those who bring their Vipers.

The deadline for registration is February 28, 2003. Please fax the enclosed registration form to (248) 553-2138.

Your hotel reservation must be made separately with the Wellesley Inn & Suites Phoenix Metro Center. Please contact them directly at (602) 870-2999. Make sure you tell them you are with the Viper Club to receive the special discounted rate of $69 per night plus tax. All room reservations must be made by February 23, 2003. Any questions? Call Viper Headquarters at 1-800-998-1110.

Sincerely,

Viper Headquarters

Registration forms are available for downloading by clicking on the VCA button above.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper vs Viper II \" The Rematch\"

Tony,

Sign me up or do I arrange it with Marv and the Arizona VCA? Bob

OP
OP
Tony Estes

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bob The registration forms were sent to all the Regional Presidents today. You can have Marv e-mail it to you today or wait till tomorrow and download it here.

james97gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is it going to be a real race this year or are they not going to allow the F-16 to use afterburner, only after a certain point like they did last year. Ofcourse the viper will win again if you don't allow the F16 to use afterburner. The viper will be halfway down the track the time the F16 gets rolling.

OP
OP
Tony Estes

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper vs Viper II

There will be two races each day. The F16 will use full afterburners in one race and no afterburners in the other race.

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Tony - you've been quiet lately...

On Friday I purchased 6 tickets...! Long story short - my father is retired pilot - and my parents just so happen to be about 3 miles from Luke's airforce base... They said the hotel that is recommended - is about 20 to 30 minutes from the base... They are finding my crew a nice hotel much closer... So, for those others who are not from the area and want to be closer to the base, etc... Let me know - and I'll let you know where my group is staying and the rates...

Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Tony Estes

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glen the hotel is about twenty minutes from the base. We couldn't get the 60 plus rooms we needed on the west side do to baseball spring training. I look forward to seeing you there.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

This will also be the debut of the 2004 Viper SRT/10, raced vs the F-16 without AB.. see ya there !

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

The Viper vs Viper registration deadline is rapidly approaching. Please sign up soon.

Lots of reasons to attend:

<ul type="square"> [*]Vipers are/have been the "preferred" vehicle at Luke AFB but the Ferrari Club wants come to this event this year and to out number the Vipers. :eek: NOT gonna happen.. :cool:

[*]Great times Friday night at the VIP reception with the VIP air show. Saturday and Sunday shows will be fantastic as it is the 50th Anniversary of the Thunderbirds

[*]The Viper Club has its own viewing area for the show that is terrific. We get the best parking (on base) for the air show). There are Viper friends attending from Nevada, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Alabama, New Jersey, Michigan, Washington. I've seen the list of those coming in for this and look forward to meeting so many that I only know by name so far.

[*]Lots of reasons to attend just for the fun time but what really sets this event apart is the statement of support this makes in such an unsettled time.

[*]ALL registration funds to the Luke Air Base Family Support Center. The ViperClub does not keep any registration money or apply registration money toward expenses. These funds directly helps families that are separated during the deployment time with babysitting to groceries. Being there shows great support for our military and from a practical matter we have a way to meet some urgent needs also. [/list]

Please click on the link below and fax (or mail) in your registration to Viper HQ today.
Hope to see you there.

http://www.viperclubofamerica.com/web/vcaleftbutton.htm

This the 50th anniversary for the Thunderbirds and will be the best air show they have ever presented. :usa:

You must be registered for see images

Stupid Weasel

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are there any Tucson VCA members that are driving to this? Maybe we can caravan.

Also, since I'm in the Air Force, I'm trying to get a few rooms if some of you guys want to stay on base. It's only like $12 a night.

Anyone?.....Bueller?

By the way...what's the dress for the reception?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery