Viper Wizard Please Help :)

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it was not already 7 I would have called but I needed to show pics. I am sure that I am just doing something wrong. LOL

I was going to replace the temp sensor. Pic below. However it looks different from the one I have. Am I looking at the wrong sensor? As always you are the best.

Thanks
John

Sensor on the car

You must be registered for see images

Replacement Sensor
You must be registered for see images

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 2 pic is the computer sensor,(for the fans) the first? dont recondnize it, but could be a light switch for the temp.. the 1st pic looks like a 1 pin terminal? if it is its for the temp light on dash

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the replacement sensor is the coolant temp sensor that goes on top of the drivers side head at the front

the sensor you are looking at is going in the front cover and goes into an oil passage, but I'm not sure what it does exactly

BTW why are you replacing it?

OP
OP

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. So I am looking at the wrong sensor. Does anyone have a pic of where the coolant temp sensor is located. I could have sworn that I looked at the top of the head but then again I might have been looking at the passenger side. This has to be the best site ever. Thanks again. I knew I was looking at something wrong.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

top left of the pic is the thermostat housing, left is the water pump, top right is the valve cover

OP
OP

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just finished putting the new sensor in. Thank you all so much. That little thing was a PITA to get to with all the tubes but only took a couple mins to replace.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished putting the new sensor in. Thank you all so much. That little thing was a PITA to get to with all the tubes but only took a couple mins to replace.

the replacement sensor is the coolant temp sensor that goes on top of the drivers side head at the front

the sensor you are looking at is going in the front cover and goes into an oil passage, but I'm not sure what it does exactly

BTW why are you replacing it?

So why did you replace this temp sensor? :dunno:

:usa: