Viper World: I need your support to prove the Viper is still the best!!

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperzilla-
This is why it is SOOOOO important that we get votes from the Viper community. The import owners easily outnumber us. Every vote counts, and, based upon last year's results, it will be more challenging for a Viper to make the cut!!

Group effort!
-Wayne

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One last push!!!
We need to make sure there are Vipers in this event to crush the imports!!!

Repeat after me: There is NO replacement for displacement!!!

I hope both Paolo and I can make it. Then there can be some healthy 'inter-competition' within the overall competition!!!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Vipers got votes here! I also tried to pick any other Smack Talker that dared mentioned 'Viper'! Most were smart enough to aviod that. :laugh:

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kent-
Thanks for the tips....
Keep in mind that this is THE SAME car with the same bulletproof engine platform that was tested by Car and Driver (making over 750hp) in the Supercar Challenge. We spent 1000's of hours with R&D, inspection, driving, reinspection, further strengthening the block, etc.. to make sure the basic engine internals could stand up to serious abuse.

Car and Driver refered to my car as the 'German train' during the event, and noted it's electric throttle response and highest drivability rating of any Viper ever tested!

To make you feel more confident and comfortable about voting for me, here are some replies to your suggestions:
Wayne, it would be great if you were able to do the following before you go to the competition:

1. Get your car running.- It IS RUNNING. Drove it around yesterday. Dyno/tuning later this morning. It was around 100 degrees yesterday, and the water temp stays at a cool 180 degrees.
2.Dyno test it.- Happening in a couple hours.
3. Drag strip test it.- Will try, but most strips around here require full roll cages, and this would seriously detract from some of the tests in this magazine event.
4. Break it and fix it and know what might break during the shootout.- I would be VERY surprised if something broke. We have strengthened everything we could possibly think of; charted new territory for Viper parts in some instances...
5. Test it some more.- This goes without saying....
6. Get a good driver for the shootout.- You betcha...already have one secured
7. Ditch all that gameboy, PS and stereo crap, its adding major weight to your car. Do you want to win or be a ricer with neon lights? Actually, with all the weight saving mods we have added, we recently weighed my car and it came in at only 3360 lbs which I was very happy about. Keep in mind that this event is NOT JUST ABOUT PERFORMANCE. The grandma/comfort test and the car show portions counts THE SAME as the acceleration test. The amenities and comfort added interior can really boost my overall score; picking up some easy points for the overall competition title. PLUS; I specifically designed my stereo for quick removal as mentioned by Car and Driver. They were shocked to see I could remove the main amp, subwoofer, CD changer, and X Box in less than 1 MINUTE!! (I will likely do the same before the performance tests).
8. Test it some more.- Obviously...Just like we did before Car and Driver
9. Get your test driver to test it....Absolutely.
10. Go back to number 1, get it running first.- We'll see if this is necessary...

Hope this clears some things up...
Thanks!
-Wayne

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne, I mailed in my ballot for you and Paolo today, good luck I hope you both make the cut. I went to Cali Speedway last year to watch my buddy PMUM clean house. If either or both of you make it post the event dates, I'll come down and cheer you on. Make sure your car's runnin' cool, many cars broke in the heat last year.

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS!!!!
Thank you all for your support!
I hope it is enough to make it into the competition.
We will be tuning my car tomorrow. I will post the results. This should give me plenty of time to test everything for longevity and reliability.

Regards,
Wayne

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine