Viper World: I need your support to prove the Viper is still the best!!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All:
After my LETHAL 750 2001 ACR was tested in the Car and Driver Supercar Challenge last fall, I know there were some good questions raised about what my car was truly capable of, particularly for acceleration!! Since they did NOT test cars at a dragstrip for acceleration, and cars were only limited to using rolling stock tires (NO Kuhmo's, Drag radials, or Hoosiers allowed); the tuners' acceleration numbers were nothing to write home about....

Well, here is my chance to set the record straight.....
Sport Compact Car is hosting the ULTIMATE STREET CAR CHALLENGE again this year. Last year Paul Mumford was the overall winner!

:cool: I NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO COMPETE IN THIS EVENT THIS YEAR :cool: to prove, once again, that the Viper is the best car on the planet!!! I will be bringing my LETHAL 1000!!!

All you need to do is....VOTE!!! :D
Buy a copy of the July issue of SPORT COMPACT CAR (there is something about 2Fast 2 Furious on the cover), and <font color="blue">VOTE FOR MY CAR </font> . They have 83 cars listed, and mine is #15. I believe there is a form in the magazine you need to complete and mail in.....They choose the 10 cars with the most votes!!

I am not sure whether the Viper world has seen a 550 cubic inch, supercharged and intercooled Viper at the strip, but with minimal boost, we expect the car to hook up great and tear apart the field. In addition, we are going to work with StopTech to tweak my car to see if we can make my ABS system (01 Viper) stop even better than the SRT-10 does!!

I hope your support is enough to send me to the event!!
Thanks in advance.

If anyone has any questions, please e-mail me!!
Regards,
Wayne

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Buckeye!!
I think you should be able to find it at Barnes and Noble or even the local supermarket by this time. I think it already hit the newsstands here.
-Wayne

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Are you the only viper in competition? If so you have my vote as well...

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this 1/4 mile, Road racing or exactly what? We are voting that we like the viper or after the race w/ all the end numbers we are voting for what? Count me in but clue us in on what we are voting for other than we like Vipers. This is done w/ stock tires?
Good luck

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jkracer9-
Great questions....
This is truly a unique competition. Details below:
The 10 cars with the most votes compete against each other in a number of tests including drag racing (0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile, etc..) during which you can use STICKY tires, street driving/drivability, road racing, show car appeal, emissions, handling, braking, etc... I think there are over 10 tests in all, although you still need to run crappy 91 octane CA pump gas (event is in CA)

I felt like my car would shine in just about every one of these events from show car (custom Venzano interior, Dolby digital 5.1 surround, 7" widescreen, 10 speakers, etc..), to performance (01 ACR with ABS, StopTech, suspension mods, 1000hp, etc..), with great streetability to drive around town.

Let me know if you want more specifics...
thanks!
-Wayne

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JK,
This is actually one of the best all around car evaluations I have seen in a magazine. They judge each car in the following categories:
Car Show (4)
Grandma test (6)
Engineering guru eval (2)
Drivability (1)
Dyno: Peak power (2)
Power delivery (2)
Base price (10)
Emissions (7)
Fuel Economy (9)
Road Course (1)
Skid Pad (2)
Braking (3)
Acceleration: Quarter mile (3)
0-60 (3)
Gross display of HP (2)

The number in () is where Mumford's car finished last year. He was the only American car in the competition. You got to love a magazine that rates the Viper #1 in drivability. Most other magazines are always whimpering and whining about its drivability.

Count me as one more vote Wayne.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wayne, jeff
Thanks, sounds like an equal type of event. The all around car in a number of events. Where will this take place and when?
Thanks for the info
I will not say good lu** but, Go to your Destiny

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SPORT COMPACT CAR - is one of the few magazines that offers relevant
technical and performance articles for a broad range of todays cars-
I'll cast a vote for the Viper.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow another Viper...You guys keep this up and they are gonna get a "ringer" just like MT did.....You've got my vote Lethal one.....

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vote is there man! Oh yeah. Tear them a new exhaust hole. LOL

You must be registered for see images

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck, I'll throw a vote in also. But unless you have some mad driving skills, even 1000 Hp won't put away these pesky nats for good. After Mumford ruled the roost last year they won't be so happy to invite another Viper to compete.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up my copy - Wayne and Paolo's Vipers are the 2 Viper entrees.
Basically the voting allows you to pick 10 cars, so you don't have to take
sides - vote for the 2 Vipers and 8 other cars.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up my copy - Wayne and Paolo's Vipers are the 2 Viper entrees.
Basically the voting allows you to pick 10 cars, so you don't have to take
sides - vote for the 2 Vipers and 8 other cars.

Hugh, are you kidding me? I have not yet picked up my copy. If this is the case, you all have to vote for me instead of Wayne! :D

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, I wondered why you were so quite about this, and let Wayne promote his spot.
You're a celebrity now, you're in print.

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo-
I just picked up my copy as well. Hugh brings up a good point....why so quiet about it?? I hope we can both make it!! It will be a blast; we should shred most of the competition!

Are you holding out on us??? An 1100hp (935 rwhp) supercharged Viper!! Wow...now I have to up the ante on mine now; look what you're gonna make me do...

With your power numbers being higher than mine; you're likely to get more votes than me...

Quick tip: Don't underestimate how important brakes and suspension are in these competitions (road course, braking, street driving, etc.. portions). I remember in the Car and Driver event, I was even surprised that my car stopped almost 100 ft shorterthan a non-ABS equipped car with a full Wilwood brake system as well as an ACR with the stock ABS brake system

Good luck!!
-Wayne

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, you must have a lot going on, you were posting earlier today when
Wayne announced his entree in the event - didn't it ring a bell?
You might want to check around your house - you could have a winning lotto ticket.

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I hope both Vipers make it for a stronger showing. It would really put an interesting Viper twist on the event. I feel like we could do well in the dyno portion as they compute points off of the average power torque (I was making 600rwtq at 3000rpms before the supercharger), braking (C&amp;D already proved my car stopped shorter than a Porsche and Z-06 with my ABS and Stop Tech's help), the car show (DVD, Dolby digital 5.1, 10 speakers, minidisc, CD, virtual reality glasses, 7" widescreen, color matched interior,etc.), and the skid pad (we are tweaking a trick suspension setup). In the end, I think a big challenge to many of the cars may be running on crappy CA 91 Octane all day long which is comparable to most other states 90 octane and dealing with the CA desert heat which pegged well over 100 degrees during last year's event.

I think most of the other events could be a coin-toss.
Just some thoughts....
-Wayne

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, I wondered why you were so quite about this, and let Wayne promote his spot.
You're a celebrity now, you're in print.

Hugh, I figured since I had not heard anything that I did not make it in the magazine!

As far as the celebrity thing goes I promise I will not let it go to my head! :smirk:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo-
I just picked up my copy as well. Hugh brings up a good point....why so quiet about it?? I hope we can both make it!! It will be a blast; we should shred most of the competition!

Are you holding out on us??? An 1100hp (935 rwhp) supercharged Viper!! Wow...now I have to up the ante on mine now; look what you're gonna make me do...

With your power numbers being higher than mine; you're likely to get more votes than me...

Quick tip: Don't underestimate how important brakes and suspension are in these competitions (road course, braking, street driving, etc.. portions). I remember in the Car and Driver event, I was even surprised that my car stopped almost 100 ft shorterthan a non-ABS equipped car with a full Wilwood brake system as well as an ACR with the stock ABS brake system

Good luck!!
-Wayne

Wayne, I had no idea I made it. If we make it, it should be a blast and we will shred the competition!

As far as the power goes, I just pulled a spinal tap on you, that's all, you said 10 and I just went to 11. :D

Wayne, I am very in tune with the whole brakes and suspension deal as the car has a full roll cage and brakes that handle 200+ MPH threshold braking stops with ease... Can yours do that? How about the 150 MPH slalom on a closed course?==&gt;Just a little friendly competition, that's all! Heck, for you and all your DVD/etc..., I just might have to put my stock radio back into the car.......Not!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, you must have a lot going on, you were posting earlier today when
Wayne announced his entree in the event - didn't it ring a bell?
You might want to check around your house - you could have a winning lotto ticket.

Hugh, I was doing my usual Viper Dork things like HP/TQ multiplication, as well as additional HP/lb of boost calculations and could not even see my nose(which is pretty hard to miss!)- Regarding the lottery ticket thing, you could be right. I could have a winning ticket..... I usually never check when I buy 'em!

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne.

DONE! You've got my vote for sure!

Are you offering discounts on the Lethal packages to those who vote for you?? ;)

Zach

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you both get in but I have a sneaky feeling that PMum's performance last year may spell trouble for getting another Viper in this year. What seemed like a good idea to the import community last year may not seem so smart after PMum's victory, and especially with two much higher horsepower cars at the gate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc