Viper's at Englishtown???

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper\'s at Englishtown???

Hi everyone: I'm not sure if there is a group of people on this forum, probably mostly in the tri-state area and it's immediate surroundings, that attend any of the events that are scheduled at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ each year. I just went on their website, and saw that MOPAR weekend is scheduled for Saturday, May 20, and Sunday May 21 for this year. In the past, I have usually gone 2 or 3 times each year, usually to Pontiac Day, Corvette Day, and Buick Weekend, when I had my Grand National. If not MOPAR weekend, is there another time/event that forum members attend each year? If not, maybe we can organize a group to meet down there over that weekend. I would be willing to help organize in anyway I can. Now that the Wizard got me running OK, I'm curious to see what the car can do in the 1/4 mile...........

Regards, Chris.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper\'s at Englishtown???

In the years there is no VOI, the VCA has had the regional "rendezvous" at Englishtown where they have autocross and drag racing Vipers only on Friday, segregated groups on Saturday. Top two AX-ers have gone on to compete with the Detroit Viper engineers.

NJ guys should start practicing.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VOI = Viper Owner Invitational and moves to different cities. Last one was Las Vegas this year. So, next year should be the five regional rendezvous events. The Northeast zone has always been at Englishtown.

OP
OP
C

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Tom: Does the NE regional event coincide with the MOPAR weekend at E-Town, or is it later in the year? I won't interfere with that get-together since it is already formally organized; I was just curious if it would be worth getting a group of guys together to meet down there over MOPAR weekend on 5/20-5/21......

Larry Dole

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For 2007 there will be no Zone Rendezvous. Viper National is working on a cross country tour that goes from west to east and all zone can participate in this cruz. So if you wanted to organize a get together at englishtown there would be no conflict.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks, Larry. Is there more info about what this cross country tour is? A slow motion Lap of America maybe?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Viper National is working on a cross country tour that
goes from west to east

I thought there was supposed to be two tours - one east-west
another west-east? I love the idea of a long distance cruise.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would love to hit up Englishtown! I am in if there is anything.

OP
OP
C

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ok, sounds good to the replies; as long as I don't interfere with other plans/events that have already been made, I will coordinate names and such accordingly. So far, I have the following as being interested in going that weekend:

Chris Chris1 1996 RT/10
Phil plumcrazy
Joey KMODStang 2002 Mustang
James ViperJames 1995 RT/10

I started an excel sheet to keep track of the info so when it's gets closer, we have a point of reference.............

Thanks, Chris.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

once it gets closer, we can talk about putting together an event or meet.

pavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can count me among those wanting to attend that weekend.
Pavenom :2tu:
2000 RT/10

OP
OP
C

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

George (pavenom): I have added you to the list; keep the names coming........ :)

OP
OP
C

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The toolman has been added to the list................

OP
OP
C

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Richard (Viper4rich) has been added to the E-Town list..............

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris; Any date and I am there at Englishtown. Englishtown does many events with the Vette Club, maybe we can plan a race Vett vs Viper day with something they alread have planned. I know the Napp's would love it.

OP
OP
C

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Crime: I never took a shot at going down that weekend, as it was raining on and off here in PA, and didn't want to waste the whole day waiting for the track to dry out. I'm not sure how many others on this thread or on the VCA made it that weekend. I don't know anyone in the Vette club since I sold mine, but I'd be happy to coordinate something with them if you have a contact person for their club. On Saturday, August 4, is the 20th Annual East Coast Corvette Show & Go, which I have gone to many times over the years, so I know there will be a ton of competition there on that day. Let me know if you want to pursue this date, or target a Mopar Day on some other weekend. There is a Late Model Mopar Muscle day on July 28 th if we can coordinate for that Saturday. Their website is www.racewaypark.com to check on the schedule of events for the remainder of the year. Click on the Drag Schedule link (5th one from the top) on the left-hand side...........

Regards, Chris.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
I joined with the LX forums (300C, Magnums, Charger, etc...), When the whole Mopar at E-town May event thing died out and became the LX forums sponsored event. I'm still iffy about going to Somerville, I hate driving on 287 but I was just at Englishtown last week doing some time trials in my own car for the first time and met a new viper owner who had just gotten a silver ACR not to long ago.

I was talking about how the VCA had a rendezvous at Englishtown every year and then it just completely went away. I feel there is just a lack of events in NJ anymore. The whole reason I got into photography was cause of that event and now there's only one VCA event I can attend to every year and I don't feel like I'm up for it this year.

I'm not a viper owner, I'm only eighteen but everyone asks me that, never driven one, I've been in eight of them of all different generations and now they've become more scarce to me than a Ferrari. I couldn't have been more happier when Jay came by last month and let me come with him in his SRT-10 down to my local cruise.

So my question is...What happened to the vipers here? Did they all just go into hibernation, is there a lack of a NJ VCA, or has it gone completely private? What happened to the NJ rendezvous where viper owners as far as Canada would come down? Heck, What happened to the Warnock Dodge event?

I've seen this thread for a while, I felt it was time to write something. It seems every two years I see a viper, was last in one, or did photography on. I eventually had to go in another direction and now I've done photography with Ferrari, Prowler, and LX clubs. Not that it's a bad thing that I'm getting my name out there.

I just feel far apart from where I started doing my first interests in my work and enjoy doing it with the group I started with. I seriously miss the event at Englishtown when I was younger. I used to get out of school and my parents would drive me down there. I thought that was the coolest thing I did at the end of the school year.

So here's to those guys that made a difference and some excitement in my life. That's my story, just wish they bring it back to the track.:drive:

--RS

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RS, i agree with flash, cruise with the ny/ct club.

and i dont think you can drive a stick, but if you can, id let ya drive mine..:)

OP
OP
C

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to start a new thread titled, " Late Model Mopar Muscle @ E-Town 7/28"......