ViperSpeed's Fiorelli clinches T1 Division Championship

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperSpeed\'s Fiorelli clinches T1 Division Championship

VIPERSPEED’S FIORELLI WINS AT TWS AND CLINCHES
T1 CHAMPIONSHIP IN SCCA SOUTHWEST DIVISION

FT. WORTH, TX, July 8, 2004 – For the second straight year, ViperSpeed Racing’s Dave Fiorelli has won the T1 Championship in SCCA’s Southwest Division. Although the racing season is not over, Fiorelli clinched the title with a victory in the T1 class last weekend at Texas World Speedway (TWS), as it is mathetically impossible for any of the other T1 competitors in the Division to catch him. Since the 2004 season began, Fiorelli has piloted his blue No. 90 Bobby Archer Motorsports / ViperSpeed T1 Viper to five straight wins (TMS on 5/2, Hallet on 5/16, and TWS on 5/30 and 7/4) and six podium finishes.

Fiorelli qualified on the pole for the T1 race at TWS on July 4th by the narrowest of margins over Charlie Shears in a Corvette. Fiorelli would have his work cut out for him though as Shears was on his rear bumper for the entire race. Taking the checkered flag for a 5th straight T1 win and 2nd straight T1 Division Championship was particularly satisfying for Fiorelli. “I cannot say enough good things about the great work done by the Bobby Archer Motorsports / ViperSpeed team. In two years of racing, my car has always performed flawlessly, with zero DNF’s,” said Fiorelli. “I also have to give a lot of credit to Hoosier as the new SO4 tires have been fast, consistent, and durable all year,” he added.

Fiorelli’s future racing plans are as yet undecided, although he will not be attending the SCCA Runoffs at Mid-Ohio in September. He will instead be following the blossoming racing career of his 16-year old son Mitchell, who has qualified for the semi-finals of the Red Bull Driver Search.

In other ViperSpeed Racing news, team boss Bobby Archer, who has spent the 2004 racing season reeling off a streak of 13 victories in the Viper Racing League (VRL), is racing this coming weekend in a twin-turbo Porsche 935 in a PCA race at TMS. Said Archer, “Although this isn’t my usual gig, I got an opportunity to drive this car at one of my driving schools and it is awesome! I couldn’t say no when the customer asked me to race it for him.” Archer and ViperSpeed Racing, the winningest Viper tuner in the country, resume racing in the Viper Racing League on August 13-15 when the VRL runs as a support race to the NASCAR Elite series at Brainerd, MN. More information on the ViperSpeed team, drivers, and cars can be found at www.viperspeed.com and www.bobbyarchermotorsports.com.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang