VIR Charity Laps March 30

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone interested in going? I'd like to leave Raleigh at 7:15 or so on that Friday. Stuart, remember to wear your heated suit. :)

From VIR's website:

Charity Laps to Benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities®Posted on February 7, 2012
Usher in the spring at VIRginia International Raceway’s Open House featuring our Ronald McDonald House Charities® benefit. This is the public’s opportunity to take their vehicles onto the historic VIR track while helping others at the same time.

The Benefit Laps will be held on Friday, March 30th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with the last group taking the track at 3:30 PM that day. The cost is $25 per session, which will last from 20 to 25 minutes. Donations of $25 either in cash or by major credit card will be accepted.

TMI AutoTech, Inc. will once again be offering rides in the Ariel Atom – the world’s quickest and most unique supercar – for $10 per session. All donations will benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of North Carolina® and RMHC of Roanoke®, and are eligible for tax deduction.

Ronald McDonald House® has allowed families to focus on the health and well being of their critically ill children by keeping families together who are in need of a community of hope, comfort and empathy. Their programs provide families with the comforts of home – private bedrooms, inviting community spaces, daily home-cooked meals and stocked kitchen, a play room, computer room and laundry facilities – as well as a network of support through interactions with other families, staff and volunteers.

Families with critically ill children face immense emotional, physical and financial challenges; knowing that Ronald McDonald House Charities® will be there to support them in a safe and caring environment helps to alleviate some of these struggles.

“The Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Carolina and the Roanoke Ronald McDonald House are very excited and proud about our relationship with VIR. This event is a great way for people at the track on March 30th to help seriously ill children and their families stay at 6 of our region’s Ronald McDonald Houses. It’s a special event where they can help others in need, while they enjoy the experience of driving on this world-class track.” – Fred Huebner, President of the Board of Directors, Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Carolina.

OP
OP
C

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear. Hopefully they will be offering rides in an Ariel Atom that day too.

RedFang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All: I've got a conflict that I'm trying to resolve; time will tell.... I was COLD last year! It's for an excellent cause.

RedFang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things are looking good and I am planning on attending again this year. I've ordered 65 degree sunny weather!

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather looks great for Friday. I will be traveling with a few workmates and should be on the track by noon

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that certain law enforcement officials would sprinkle themselves on the back roads leading to VIR... but I did not pass a single one last time. It is a great drive up there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets