Visually Updated Viper - Comments Please

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. I forgot to include the suspension mods: Motons, Eibachs, lowered a bit and corner balanced.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sticker on the side at the front of the car says: Woodhouse Performance Edition. The car has this because it is the only certified Woodhouse Performance Edition Viper SRTC in the country.

Gotta say it man, for you to tell me a sticker advertising the vehicle's manufacturer on the side of my car is inappropriate or distasteful, and then to have one on the side of yours is a double standard for sure.

I don't care if your car is a one of one, if the sticker is big or small, white or red, and the list could go on. It is still just a sticker you stuck on the side. Nothing more.

Oh yeah... For the nobility crowd. I too have a one of a kind certificate documenting the correct use of my logo. It's called a title.

I like your car and you can sticker it however you want, but judge others equally please.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dave. First, my apology if I gave the impression that I disliked the concept of a Dodge sticker. I don't mind the "DODGE" on the side of your car at all. I just think that the size of the letters is out of proportion and takes away a little from all the other wonderful work and, to my way of thinking, extraordinary work, that you have done on your car. In this case, Mark Jorgensen gave quite a bit of thought to the size and color of the sticker. He designed it and I think that he did a fine job. I realize that others might disagree and that's fine with me. Differences in taste make the world an interesting place.

On another front, I should have mentioned that the principal reason for the hood change was the alleged 28% increase in cooling that it provides. The visual part was a dividend.

As for powder coating the gas cap, I thought about that but I will probably switch off between the stock wheels and the ACR wheels and the stock gas cap "as is" looks best with the stock wheels. Also, I checked into buying a second gas cap assembly and having it powder coated; and, believe it or not, the best price I could find was still about $900.00 and that may have been for a "take off" from a disabled Viper. New, it retails for over $1000.00!! However, a friend with a black ACR with the red stripe powder coated his gas cap and it does look great.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, I checked into buying a second gas cap assembly and having it powder coated; and, believe it or not, the best price I could find was still about $900.00 and that may have been for a "take off" from a disabled Viper. New, it retails for over $1000.00!!
PUHLEASE tell me you're joking.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bob. Like I said before very nice looking. The mods certainly set the car off. Question. I am pretty sure but kind of hard to tell from the picture angles, that is the Mopar version of the 08/09 hood correct? How bad off was the fitment when you first got it?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome pictures...you KNOW I LOVE the ALL-BLACK look~! Nice touch having Herb's signature too! He's helped alot of us here. GREAT job, Bob~~~glad you got weather to ENJOY it too. :)
~juli

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote=HI-NOS-Viper;2649409]Hi Bob. Like I said before very nice looking. The mods certainly set the car off. Question. I am pretty sure but kind of hard to tell from the picture angles, that is the Mopar version of the 08/09 hood correct? How bad off was the fitment when you first got it?[/quote]

1.It is an OEM 08/09 hood. Good question about the fit. It was one of my only worries when I bought it. However, fitment was better than I expected. It has also improved since the hood was put on. It appears that the heat from the engine has allowed it to relax into place a bit more. ( My body shop person says that is normal for a hood made of this material that was packed and crated for shipment.) I also pressed down on it gently in one particular place where I thought it was a little high after I shut the car off and it has kept that shape. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the hood material can explain how this happens. In any event, it now fits just as well as the original hood fit.

2. I was also concerned that the new hood might adversely affect the flow of air to the supercharger. It didn't. If anything, it improved it. The hood air scoop is bigger and is direct to the air filter.

Lower it some more..

Since the car is used almost every day for at least a few minutes ( Viper Therapy), and occassionally tracked at Homestead Speedway ( More Intense Viper Therapy), it's as low as it can comfortably be for the intended uses of the vehicle. As it is, I have to be very careful going in and out of certain places where there is a dip between the road and the entrance or driveway. If it was a dedicated track car, I would probably lower it a bit more to further reduce the air under the vehicle.

Last edited:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. That's what the Gen III gas cap/fuel door assembly costs. Not the plastic gas cap of course. That's inexpensive.
There's something missing from that equation.
Does that include the tank? Fuel pump and lines? Installation by Carmen Electra?

The oil fill cap on a Rolls-Royce 6.7L turbo is only $350.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went back and checked my notes. A new OEM gas cap assembly is $1175.00. All it includes is the billet ring with the fuel door attached and the screws to install it. I briefly looked into having it fabricated and evidently it is a bit complicated to duplicate it. It's something that George at MGW might want to look into if there is enough demand for it. If you come up with something less expensive that is the same piece, please let me know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Plum and thanks Julie. The only problem now is that I have relapsed into Viper obsession. Not that there is anything wrong with that. LOL.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lower it some more, tint the taillights, take decals off, have brake calipers painted black, and take a picture of a black man driving the car (if you're not) so everything is black...LOL

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention when you drive a Viper you want people to see you inside! ;)

Good point. But down here, tint is almost a necessity for a good part of the year. I just felt that the trade off of visibility, particularly at night, for what to some is a better look and a bit more thermal protection was not worth it based on what I need to drive it safely. A while back, Austin was kind enough to photoshop a photo of a car just like mine with heavy tint. The look was interesting but not for me.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough on the stickers. It is a matter of personal choice, which BTW while yours were carefully sized etc to fit your taste and be less conspicuous, mine were carefully crafted to be honkers!

Time to fire up the smoker and watch some football.

Is it sunny and 80 in FL today too?

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough on the stickers. It is a matter of personal choice, which BTW while yours were carefully sized etc to fit your taste and be less conspicuous, mine were carefully crafted to be honkers!

Time to fire up the smoker and watch some football.

Is it sunny and 80 in FL today too?

At the moment it is 67 degress and great supercharger weather. Go Pittsburgh!!!!!

Cheers!

Best,

Bob

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SWEET! I love the look of your ride.

It looks tight and clean. Very, very nice.

In my opinion tinting the taillights / headlights would go over the line and cheapen the look. A light window tint would work but your visibility argument has some merit.

I think the red taillights and calipers set the car off.

To my eye, this is one of the best looking Vipers I've seen. Nice.

Greg

Thank you Fireball.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, your Viper is incredible. The mods seem very well thought out (no surprise there :D). Awesome job!

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, gorgeous car!
I know you've taken some *** for the stickers. My perspective on this is the sticker does nothing for anyone but you. So if you like it, that's reason enough. Beyond this, you must know that no one except a fellow Viper owner has any idea what Woodhouse means. So, for 99.9% of people it's an over-the-head'er. Hennessy or LPE, maybe would earn you some street cred. And that's only because guys like Hennessy are so obviously in bed with the car mag guys. If the sticker's not for street cred, then I prefer stealth. Earn your cred the old fashioned way, by winning with your sleeper.
Nice job, and gorgeous look! If I lived in FL, where window tint is legal, I'd do it. Just go light if you are worried about visibility.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you CM. People actually notice the sticker and ask what it means. After I explain it, the usual response is: "Very cool". Back in the 60's there was a Dodge/Plymouth? dealership that created limited edition drag cars. I can't remember the name at the moment. I think that Woodhouse, years from now, will have the same type of place in automotive history. The sticker is part of the provenance of the car and a tribute to the fine work done by Mark Jorgensen and his techs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets