Vmainia windows

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today was the first time i've ever used my soft-top and vmania windows together. Does anyone elses have a half-inch gap on the drivers side front? I went through a monsoon... I was SOAKED, it was pouring in that crack like crazy.
frown.gif

good thing i'm working on new soft top prototype (shhh... it's a secret).

James

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never had that trouble with mine. Make sure you are using the straps to "tie" them in at the front. If you don't at speed they tend to get pulled away from the top by the wind.

Can't wait to hear about the new secret top. I love my V-mania hardtop but a better soft top would be great on trips so I can go without the top but have something in case it rains.

Ken

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm talking to Vmania about it now.

I promise, you guys will get a sneak peak soon enough...

*cough cough* 10lbs... *cough* 1 piece construction *cough cough* goes on in about 15 seconds....

supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

First one i'll show is a local guy (Sam, runs the 02 yellow car), and let him crotique it
wink.gif

MadMaxx

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same windows, same gap, same place! Biff recommended additional weather stripping in that place. Let me know what you plan to do. The other side is fine. I think the issue is the windshield is not perfectly centered, the pillars that is.

tw

Gear Grabbn Gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put my V-Mania windows and double bubble hard top on two days ago. When we pull the straps tight to the winshield pillar there are NO gaps and the top does not squeak or rattle. I would also like to say that Biff took the time and effort to give me some great customer service when we opened the crate and I did not have the back latches included. Biff express mailed the parts and I was on my way the next day, Thanks Biff.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nono.gif
Maxx and Tomcat, Don't drive in the rain.

I think that the soft top and V-Mania windows will leak through a 1/2" gap on the drivers side, you'll get soaked.
yesnod.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO,
I got baptized in a Monsoon w/o my top! Go figure, all the rain entered through about a 3'X 4' gap stretching from the top of the windshield to the front of the sport bar.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think the proper term for the rain storm was a "Frog Strangler".