VOI 11 Convoy from Western WA

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is one stab at the convoy route to SLC for VOI 11 from Seattle. It’s all boring interstate, but it is trailer friendly for those towing.
It is probably the fastest route as well. Western Canada & Oregon folks are free to join in anytime.

Day One- Sept 28
Seattle 90 E to Ellensburg, WA (140 Miles)
Ellensburg 82 S to Hermiston, OR (110 Miles)
Hermiston 84 E to Boise, ID (245 miles) End day one. (495 miles)

Day Two- Sept 29
Boise 84 E to Ogden, UT (223 miles in ID)
Ogden 89/15 S to SLC, UT (106 miles in UT) End day two (329 miles)

On our way to Detroit for VOI 10, we stayed at Best Western’s. They were clean and Viper friendly and reasonably priced, so I would plan to do the same again on this trip. I will locate and advise.

For those of you south of Seattle (like me) I’ll be going down I-5 to Hwy 12 E, and catch the Seattle convoy in Yakima.

Suggestions? Side trips? Points of interest? Lunch stops?

PBR

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Hotel are you all planning on staying in? I say Grand America.

I figure if we get together early we may be able to stick together.

I will see you all there, my ride is running right and I will be looking for a fight:headbang:

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like an nice and easy drive. I am really going this year and I imagine I had better get going on hotel reservations. Hopefully we can discuss some details at the planning meeting on the 20th.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that want to come in a few days early I heard a rumor that Cindi Lux might have some availability to instruct on the awesome Miller MotorSports park.

More details when they become official... :)

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got done making my reservations at the Grand America hotel. I am looking forward to my first VOI. It should be a nice drive down and it sounds like there is a ton of things to do and places to see.

I plan to tag along with the NW convoy.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got word from Cindi Lux, here is some GREAT news regarding her support for VOI-11!
------------------
Miller Performance Driving School:

They will be offering a 2-day school on 29th and 30th in the school mustang cars. Or there will be lapping days for people with their own cars (Bring your own Viper!) on the 30th. Registration will be available soon at the following link. Miller Motorsports Performance Driving Riding Racing Schools

Two R/Ts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will not be a participant at VOI 11, but I will be at Miller Sports Park during the event. I have relatives in Orem I will be staying with. Checked out Millers Sportspark a month ago. Awesome Track. Watched Ferrari's and Formulas go through the paces. We arrived to a locked gate and was invited in as we were standing there trying to get a look.
Great People for sure.

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

...On our way to Detroit for VOI 10, we stayed at Best Western’s. They were clean and Viper friendly and reasonably priced, so I would plan to do the same again on this trip. I will locate and advise....
PBR

Paul - Have you selected a Boise hotel for Tuesday the 28th and the return leg? What day are you reserving in Boise for the return leg - 3rd? 4th? 5th? I don't know the Best Western's, but I've had great luck with Hampton Inn's. I've stayed at the Twin Falls Hampton Inn, and it's nice and new. I'll be trailering, and typically drive near the limit.

Steve

OP
OP
Y

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul - Have you selected a Boise hotel for Tuesday the 28th and the return leg? What day are you reserving in Boise for the return leg - 3rd? 4th? 5th? I don't know the Best Western's, but I've had great luck with Hampton Inn's. I've stayed at the Twin Falls Hampton Inn, and it's nice and new. I'll be trailering, and typically drive near the limit.

Steve

Have not made any hotel selections yet. I'll be leaving SLC on Monday the 4th and I'll stop in Pullman on the way back. We have lots of time to select!
I was in hopes of finding out how many would be going.......

PBR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave