VOI 13

Discussion in 'VOI Experiences from the past' started by OPHITOX, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Nsane1

Nsane1 Viper Owner

I'm writing this mere seconds after receiving the executed contracts, so we can now announce the dates, 2 business days past my goal:

VOI 13 is: September 25-28. I'll leave it to John to announce the venue, he's worked on this non-stop for days, and put in MANY hours over the last few months, thank you John.

Ah screw it one hint: Texas, that whittles it down to like 6 awesome tracks and 4 great cities.

2. 2001-V10 Power Nut

2001-V10 Power Nut Enthusiast

Great news, cant wait to sign up !!!!:)

3. goldcup

goldcup Viper Owner

New TA in the garage and a Texas VOI? Can you say road trip beeches?

4. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Viper Owner

Great news and it must be at TMS in Ft. Worth again. TWS in College Station would be cool too but I doubt it being held there.

5. VicTxV10

VicTxV10 Viper Owner

Could be TWS, Aggies play in Dallas that weekend so there are a lot of free hotel rooms.

6. cycloneGTS

cycloneGTS Enthusiast

TMS, TWS...that's 2. What are the other 4?

7. Nsane1

Nsane1 Viper Owner

MSR Dallas, MSR Houston, COTA, TWS, TMS, ECR, I think there's a small track in Austin not COTA, (it's not that one... )

We are very lucky to be in Texas :)

We've just been talking to SRT, so we wanted to get those discussions further along before we released planet-wide. Wait for a post from John...

8. VIPER GTSR 91

Will wait for more info. Count me in........and glad SRT is involved !!!!

9. cubican

cubican Viper Owner

I can't wait is going to be great!!!!!

10. goldcup

goldcup Viper Owner

Enough talk! I want to sign up!

11. fuelman

fuelman Enthusiast

All the major contracts are done and we are locked and loaded, as they say in Texas. I'm gonna hang you guys out for a little longer on the location, but I can say go ahead and ask for the time off, find the babysitter, dust off your helmets, and your drinking hats, IT IS A GO! I can tell you the official name will be; VOI-13.640HP!!!! If you have been on the fence on buying a Gen-V Viper; hop off the fence, as we plan to dedicate a lot of time promoting the amazing new 640 HP Viper that Chrysler / SRT has built for our nation. No politics, No BS, this is an event for those spirited people that buy Vipers, all Viper owners. Keep tuned in, more to come...

12. LadyCruzer

LadyCruzer VCA E-Member - Mid South

Great job to my good friend John Canal for your business prowess and the hundreds of hours of your personal time that you've poured
    in to making this happen. Isn't it great that anyone who owns a Viper can attend !! Come one, come all !

13. Mopar Steve

Mopar Steve Viper Owner

Wow, historically it was VCA members right?

14. Nsane1

Nsane1 Viper Owner

Yea, historically... historically we didn't have multiple "Choices" though :). (voi12.com is still up if you want to see)

We had tiered pricing for Venom vs non-venom. There will be tiered pricing again, but that is TBD.

Who knows, maybe VCA-only VOIs in the past were by definition elitist (being not open to outsiders) and perhaps there are people who felt alienated (I mean there are literally thousands of viper owners who have never been in the club), Perhaps this new "perspective" let's us rethink all that; at the end of the day it's about having a blast with cool people in a cool car, the rest is kind of window dressing.

15. cubican

cubican Viper Owner

is the date for the VOI the wheek after IMSA?.

16. Paul Hawker

Paul Hawker Viper Owner

Believe so. Some will want to make VOI an extended Viper centric trip of a lifetime. See the Pro's racing at top Viper speed, and then doing their own Walter Mitty experience taking their own Viper out on a real race course. Wonder if the transport company could arrange to take those Vipers being shipped out early.

In the past, it was tradition to allow all Viper Owners to VOI's whether club members or not. Club members got discounts and choice hotel reservations, but all owners were most welcome. Was a great opportunity for the hosting club to show off to non members some of the club membership advantages.

17. ViperJohn

ViperJohn VCA Member - Northeast

Not sure on early ones...but since VOI 8 (perhaps even earlier) they were open to all Viper owners. VCA members got perks, such as early registration, discounted rate, etc. Once VCA took the helm from Chrysler, the difference in pricing from member to non-member was the cost in membership.

18. VIPER GTSR 91

Man, Im feeling COTA now!!!! And with IMSA there around that time it just would not get any better!!!! Keep us track rats posted....Thanks guys.

19. zoomie

zoomie VCA Member - Northeast

20. VIPER GTSR 91

Looks that way as IMSA COTA is Sept 19/20 a few days before. Will be there too!!!!

21. OPHITOX

OPHITOX Viper Owner

SSG has never been in RAIN, hmmm...........

22. Nsane1

Nsane1 Viper Owner

Yup, Tudor is the weekend prior, which is why we fought so hard for this venue, at this time. Our European friends will be there in force, and many of us are planning to make a full viper week (myself included).

We are are also working on events related to the IMSA race, so stay tuned there.

23. VIPER GTSR 91

That would really be cool as we will be there the race too.