VOI Convoys...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, VOI 7 is less than a week away. Hard to believe it is here already! We usually see a flurry of "convoy" posts about now so that other Viper owners can hook up. VOI 6 was made even easier, as WingKing hosted a huge gathering in Branson the day before. I don't think there are any parties planned en route this time around.
frown.gif

For those driving in from the West/Northwest, are any of you planning to take I-70? I have only spoken with one Iowa owner, and Des Moines isn't as convenient to KC as they would like. I am hoping that there are folks coming through on Wednesday from Colorado, Nebraska, etc. The St. Louis folks are leaving at 10:30 on Wednesday morning and we are debating our departure time from Kansas City.

We would love to hook up with some more folks coming this way, so please drop me a note and let me know!

Chris

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, Chris. Here's the official convoy plans on the Ind/Ky Region...noting that MANY are going in small sub-groups:

VIPER OWNER'S INVITATIONAL # 7 TRAVEL INFORMATION (for Ind/Ky Region)
Duane Branum will lead a group south on Wednesday Sept. 25...departing at 9:30 AM EST( Indy time) from the Sam's Club lot located one block West of the Greenwood, Ind Exit 99 on I 65. This convoy will then stop for 20-30 minutes at Shepherdsville, Ky Exit 117 on I 65 ( meeting in the Wendy's Drive-in one block West of the exit)...and depart at 12 Noon EST ( Indy time...which is 1:00 PM Ky time), planning to arrive at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel around 2:30 PM EST ( Indy time...which is also Nashville time). Duane's cell phone number is 765-271-6166.

Steve Fess will lead a second group south on Thursday Sept 26...departing at 9:30 AM EST( Indy time) from the Sam's Club lot located one block West of the Greenwood, Ind Exit 99 on I 65. This convoy will then stop for 20-30 minutes at Shepherdsville, Ky Exit 117 on I 65 ( meeting in the Wendy's Drive-in one block West of the exit)...and depart at 12 Noon EST ( Indy time...which is 1:00 PM Ky time), planning to arrive at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel around 2:30 PM EST ( Indy time...which is also Nashville time). Steve's cell phone numbers are 317-402-9013 and 317-431-1375.

Remember to bring your FRS radios setting them to channel "5", security code "0". (I will also monitor more widely used channel 10, sec. code 10)

Steve Fess Sec. VCA Ind/Ky Region, Inc.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody from the Chicago/Indiana area going to Bowling Green on Tuesday? We will be leaving from Merrillville IN. on Tuesday morning.

Steve

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those coming from the NorthEast the VA/MD/DC region has the following plan that several people NE of us are joining:

The convoy will leave Fishersville, Virginia (near Staunton), on Wednesday, September 25, at 8:30 am for Nashville. We have reserved a block of rooms at the Hampton Inn in Fishersville, VA, for the night of Tuesday, September 24. We expect to be joined at Fishersville by the Viper convoy from the Northeast – the New England, New York, and New Jersey regions. We have made arrangements for a hospitality room with light refreshments for that evening, and we will have an overnight security guard for the snakes in the parking lot. Of course, if the prospect of a long day on the road doesn’t bother you, you can leave home in the wee hours of Wednesday morning and drive to Fishersville to join us.

The trip from Fishersville to Nashville is about 500 miles. If we leave at 8:30 am, we should arrive at the Opryland Hotel around 6:00 pm. (We pick up an hour midway through Tennessee as we enter the Central Time Zone.) That way we’ll beat the Thursday registration crush, plus you’ll have time to sleep in and clean up your Viper in time for the big Viper parade through Nashville at noon on Thursday. If you’re planning to convoy with us, you’ll need to make a reservation for 5 nights at the Opryland Hotel, not for 4 nights as suggested in the VOI-7 literature. (arrive Wednesday, September 25, leave Monday, September 30.
MORE DETAILS: http://vamd.viperclub.org/Maps/VA2Opryland.htm

Don’t delay – make your reservation for the Hampton Inn now.

Hampton Inn
Fishersville, VA
I-64, Exit 91 (about one mile from the I-64/I-81 junction)
For reservations call 540-213-9500
Special rate: $69/night (plus tax) PAST DEADLINE SO THEY MAY NOT STILL HONOR
Mention “Viper Club”

Maybe others coming from NC will join up enroute on I-40??

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ontario/NY convoy are staying at the Country Inn in Shepherdsville Wed. night for pre-Nashville party. We will be leaving the Peace Bridge by 6:30 a.m.; head down I-90 west, to 271, I-71; Lunch around Cincinnati, then I-65 to shepherdsville Exit 117. We should be there around 5 p.m.!!! all Vipers are welcomed to join the party,and I will buy the first round...now don't come all at once..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, if you see us on the road and you want say hi we're on channel 2 ,we can hardly wait.

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefixing ACR Jim's already excellent information, the New England Region snakes will be collecting at the rest area just south of Route 3 on 495S in Chelmsford, MA, at 6:45am for a 7am departure on Tuesday, September 24.

We will meet up with the the Quebec, NY/NJ, and PA clubs in Hazleton, PA, in the Hampton Bay parking lot at Exit 41 off I-81, just south of I-80. By leaving New England at 7am, it should give us plenty of time to link up for a late lunch with the other club members, assuming no unexpected traffic. According to Street Atlas, New England to Hazleton, PA, will take 6hrs 19min @ 345 miles, and Street Atlas is notoriously conservative.

By nightfall, we'll be in Fishersville, VA, which is where ACR Jim's instructions pick up.

Anyone interested in joining us should drop me e-mail ASAP. My cell phone number is available upon request. We'll be using the VCA de facto standard of FRS radio channel 10, sub-channel 10 for inter-snake communication along the route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlindell