VOI7 Drag Race Survey Who's all going

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VOI7 Drag Race Survey Who\'s all going

I'm going, but I'll be Viperless because my car will be down in Nashvegas getting coilovers put on. Maybe I can borrow someone's car for at least one pass.
smile.gif

Ronnie

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Ohio boys are coming. pauls Mod I and Jack Bene Mod II

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mod I peeeUUU? I say *** UU too. Since no one really whats to see how fast simple bolt ons will go. ( we have to run street tires) Could be real embarassing if we could run real tires. Eh 1Tony!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
me and my people will be there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got a pit crew now?
laugh.gif

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah I realize that! I think it is gonna be whichever car comes out next will rule! The throne only last for a little while!

But hey, At least we are still in the family! LOL

You running slicks or street tires. I have a set of et strets and skinnies but never used them so Don't know exactly what to do.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pauls:
Mod I peeeUUU? I say *** UU too. Since no one really whats to see how fast simple bolt ons will go. ( we have to run street tires) Could be real embarassing if we could run real tires. Eh 1Tony!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laughing2[1].gif
laughing2[1].gif
If we ran real tires
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
then we would not have any excuses why our cars are dogs!!!!! At least this way we can blame it on traction.

Ab, Does this mean you are going to the drag race?

Roof and Dan and a few other guys......please don't tell me you are running modII....bolt on the et streets and go for it.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys, I may have some meaningful dyno numbers and/or dragstrip figures after tomorrow. Right now there's nothing really relevant to quote -- Doug's still testing 'n tuning. Based on what I know so far, I believe the car's performance will be in the range I hoped for.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
Tony, you can run Mod II with et streets. PS look at another thread and you will see that you can run fast on Pilots.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can run modII with et's but if I were in a car with 650 -700 at the rear wheels I would certainly be in the unlimited class with the top dogs....any car that can go 10.30 or faster should be in unlimited.

Reason 1. Its very possible that a 10.20 car can go some rounds and there is a chance a 10.20 car can win. I will bet money to anyone here that the winning car in unlimited will not make every pass in the nines.

Reason II. After spending all that time and money to make power, who wants to have to let off the throttle before the traps?

As far as the tires.....yes your car ran good with them but at BG your competition will have et's or slicks and when you are beside a car with similar power and are 5/10's behind at the lights it won't feel so fast.
smile.gif

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Going - Stock class</FONT f>

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll be there with three or four cars. Hopefully one in every class. Unfortunately we can't fit slicks on Gary's car because of the brakes. The smallest wheel we can use is a 17 incher. Looks like it's gonna be drag radials for us. I'll leave all my excuses at home though. We'd change the brakes bak to stock but then we'd have to replace the rea hubs, get the suspension aligned, it's just not worth it.