VOI9 coupe delivered yesterday: a few questions???

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought and had deliverd to me yesterday a VOI9 SRT-10 Coupe #36. Thank you Gary Almond for a great delivery! I guess I'll have to change my avatar seeing that I'm not a Venom 1000tt anymore. Anyway, I have a few questions seeing that it didn't come with an owner's manual and I don't have a service manual yet.
1. Does anyone know what Mobil 1 oil filter number it takes? What type oil..5/30, 10/30 ??
2. The "Lo-Tire" Pressure warning keeps coming on. I put 29psi in each tire and it still blinks. Any ideas? Can you see which tire is low or does that just tell you one is low check them all out?
3. It has 8500 miles on it. Should I change all fluids yet or just the oil. What about grease yet?
4. I see the positive post in the engine, where's there a ground nearby. I want to hookup a battery tender.

Coming from a Gen II to this Gen III is a world of difference. I love the car but this time I think I'm going to keep it all stock. I learned from my mistakes. Very expensive ones. This car's got every upgrade I wanted on a viper anyway. Any help with the above questions would be appreciated. I have alot to do over the winter and would like to get started, like oil change, buffing, cleaning, etc.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. oil is synthetic 0/40
2. i think u have to put at least 30psi to stop the blinking

where are the pics?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought and had deliverd to me yesterday a VOI9 SRT-10 Coupe #36. Thank you Gary Almond for a great delivery! I guess I'll have to change my avatar seeing that I'm not a Venom 1000tt anymore. Anyway, I have a few questions seeing that it didn't come with an owner's manual and I don't have a service manual yet.
1. Does anyone know what Mobil 1 oil filter number it takes? What type oil..5/30, 10/30 ??
2. The "Lo-Tire" Pressure warning keeps coming on. I put 29psi in each tire and it still blinks. Any ideas? Can you see which tire is low or does that just tell you one is low check them all out?
3. It has 8500 miles on it. Should I change all fluids yet or just the oil. What about grease yet?
4. I see the positive post in the engine, where's there a ground nearby. I want to hookup a battery tender.

Coming from a Gen II to this Gen III is a world of difference. I love the car but this time I think I'm going to keep it all stock. I learned from my mistakes. Very expensive ones. This car's got every upgrade I wanted on a viper anyway. Any help with the above questions would be appreciated. I have alot to do over the winter and would like to get started, like oil change, buffing, cleaning, etc.

Jamie, give me a call, welcome back. Chances are, you might have a sensor that needs re calibrated, Etown Dodge did mine for me...I had the same problem, and no you cant tell which one it is. I have an 06 coupe as well, I can copy most of the manual for you until you find one. I would change the rear fluid and the engine oil to be on the safe side. 0/40 is the weight you will need. As far as a negative hook up for a battery tender, I use the brass fitting right on top on the front of the motor, not to far from the positive post.
Carmen 717-213-0399

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Venom,
Congrats - I think that is a beautiful color combo. What are your impressions of the color (and blue interior) in person as opposed to photos? (Had you seen one in person already, or purchased sight unseen?). Happy New Year.

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the quick replys!! 0/40 ...Do you guys use Mobil 1 synthetic? I didn't get a chance to take pics yet. Just got it last night then it dumped 5 inches of snow. I pulled it under the car port this morning and gave it a good washing, engine bay and all. You know pictures do not do this car justice at all!! It's way more beautiful in person. The interior is awesome! I had a custom one done in my 1996 GTS but this factory one blows it away! I purchased the car sight unseen.
So what about oil filter. What do you guys use?
Carmen, It's good to be back. So you have an 06 too, cool! I have a dealer here in Hamburg that hopefully will take care of me..under warranty. One of the emblems on the passenger side is cracked off in several spots. That should be warranty too. I will keep the Etown one in mind though. Okay on the oil, but what fluid for the rear(weight, type) and do you need a diff lube limited slip additive?
Thanks for all the info!:2tu:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the wheel was taken off and moved beyond the sending/r'cving distance of runflat sensor it may just take driving it for a few miles for the sensor to reset itself or you may need the dealer to wave the magic magnetic donut over the sensor while the DRB is plugged into diagnostics if it has to be reset or if it is a new sensor altogther.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, yes Mobil 1 Synthetic 0/40...you can pick it up at Advanced or Pep Boys, also Dodge has a new style filter that is designed specifically for the Viper, it was designed to give better flow and will work on any Viper except the 08, I will go out to the garage and get the part number for you and post it later, you can order directly from the dealer. Iw ill also get the rear oil info as well.
Congrats, the white with blue is my favorite combo:headbang: :2tu:

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it still has the run flats on it. The pressure was down to 24 so maybe I need to drive it a bit till it resets. That won't be until Spring unfortunately.:( Nothing like getting a new car and not being able to drive it. By the way, are these rims clear coated? Mine look really dull like they are all scratched up. Any suggestions?
I got the Mobil filter # it's M1-204 same as my other viper & my Jeeps.
Thanks for all the welcomes! I agree with the color combo obvioulsy:)
Yes it was rareguitar's car. He only had it a few months. What a collection of guitars he has. I tried to squeeze one of the Ibanez Jem's out of him with the deal but he wouldn't budge.:dunno:
So Carmen you have a VOI9 coupe too? I know Frank has one. Anyone else in PA? NJ?
Any info on the "After Holidays" party?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes wheels are clear powder coated(not clear paint) and if they are not right tell the dealer, take pics and they should replace them(if they are bad)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats !

The new Viper oil filter from Dodge is part number 05037836AA
(not that you want it now, but the Mobil filters used in the past for Vipers was called a "Mobil M1-204"...I USED to use them til the new filter came from Dodge...I have now switched all of our Vipers to the new "Viper filter).

The "brass fitting" mentioned above for a charging ground connection is the Schrader valve on top of the thermostat...also used to vent air at coolant change time.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie,

Congrats on the new Viper. Glad to see you are back. Definitely my favorite color for the new coupe. I have yet to see a VOI9 Viper in person, so I look forward to seeing it in the spring. I can only imagine how good it looks since it looks so good in the pics, especially the pics Bat takes.

So did you keep the 1000 HP supra as well? How do you like that car compared to the viper?

Take care and congrats again on the new coupe!
Ed

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is a VCA Red and White Coupe, and the after the holidays party will be at my house on February 9th, time and other details hopefully nailed down by tomorrow. Hopefully you can make it down:2tu:

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed,
Good to hear from you! Can't believe I missed Carlisle again! Well hopefully I won't be tempted to ****** this viper and it won't have the down time like the other one. I still have the Supra. I've been trying to sell it but not a good market right now, I guess. It's really fast but it doesn't handle like my viper. And it only hs stock brakes so it obviously doesn't brake as well. It's still a neat car though.
Carmin,
What do you mean "VCA" red/white coupe? Anything different than a stock red/white? Did you add any extras like side sill plates, etc? Not sure if I want to spend thousands on extras like the last car.
That's really cool having the party at your house. Count us in!! We'll need directions.

Hey, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all !!!!!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chances are Rareguitar has already done all the fluids. From what i now about him he takes care of his rides. Might want to give him a call to see exactly when this was done.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, Congrats on the car! I agree with Frank, Brad (Rareguitar) was always meticulous about his cars, and I agree with everyone else about the color combo. Last year there were no VOI cars at Carlisle, this year it looks like there will be at least two. I have #75, I'm about 20 minutes below the PA line not far from the I83 corridor, let me know if I can be of any help.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year there were no VOI cars at Carlisle, this year it looks like there will be at least two. I have #75, I'm about 20 minutes below the PA line not far from the I83 corridor, let me know if I can be of any help.
Six hour drive for us but considering going this year if schedule permits so that would make three. I have #85. Really enjoy the Club events with big turnout of vipers. Also check for thread elswewhere on this site where a member was trying to develop a VOI9 registry. Found about a dozen or so.:)

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carmen,
Thanks for the link but Brad said he has the owner manual and will send it out to me. That will save me some money. Anyone know where I can get the Shop Service Manual?
Frank,
He said he didn't change any fluids that the guy before him did. I'll at least do the oil and rear fluid.
That's cool that there's a few VOI9 coupes close buy. Are you guys leaving yours totally stock or did you add anything? I was thinking maybe the door sill protectors. It's scuffed already.
What's really cool, I noticed when the car got here is that the windows were tinted already. I'd say about 20% and it looks great on a white car!:D

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the links but those are CD's. Call me low tech but I like to have the book right in front of me and be able to write on the pages. I found a used one for $100 I just sent for from theviperstore.com.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom....Did you get the phone # of the previous owner before him?
If not then i would go ahead & change the fluids just for peice of mind. Oil might have been changed after break in.

I will leave mine all OEM.. Nothing like reselling a hot OEM vehcile.