Wall- St (again) Says Viper Cancelled!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks, having been on the phone with several of our friends in Detroit today I think it is important to step back and let the official announcements be made when they are official. Note that the last official comment on the Viper was that it was renewed and Dodge was excited to continue building it. Also note that you have an incredible guy at the helm of Dodge, one who came to Chrysler because of his excitement about the Viper. More than just about anybody I have ever met - he gets it. And don't forget that the new ownership knows a thing or two about limited exotic cars, so I think that we may be worked up over something that could very well be a non-issue. I think the next twelve months will be very, very exciting indeed.

Will all due respect, the writing is on the wall, or in the paper. The best we can now hope for is that somebody buys the brand and the Viper lives on.

What I think will really do the trick is if some Chrysler executives give Sergio a ride in the Viper, preferably at Nurburgring and then follow that up with a Ferrari. He hasn't seen the light yet and someone needs to show him the way.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that for us the following words from the WSJ article are the most important words:

Under the new product plan, Chrysler will drop several Dodge products, including the Caliber compact, Nitro SUV and Avenger sedan, but will keep the Dodge Challenger, a muscle car, and the full size Charger sedan.

If correct, the above gives me some hope because, as the fellow from IHS Global Insight said in the article: " Dodge can be the performance brand."

Since it is my understanding that dealer demand thus far for the 2010 Viper is not where it needs to be, we may see a one year sabbatical for the Viper depending on what amount of parts have already been ordered and produced for the 2010 year. We saw this before during the development of the Gen IV when there was no 2007 model Viper. The one year could be used to freshen the design; lose some weight; improve a few small problem areas like the recurring window regulator issue mentioned in many posts on this forum; conform to the upcoming safety changes ;and, perhaps, perform a little SRT/Ferrari magic on the drivetrain to ensure that the Viper, on a stock basis, has more power than the ZR1. Just my thoughts. The forgoing is not based on any information from third parties other than the comment concerning orders from dealers.

MY600HP

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Everything I have heard about Sergio is that he does get it and believes strongly in performance cars and image. I think you guys are getting worked up over more exaggearted press gossip. Chrysler is in good hands (for a change) with Sergio and Fiat and Dodge and Viper are in great hands with Ralph. Simmer down now!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything I have heard about Sergio is that he does get it and believes strongly in performance cars and image. I think you guys are getting worked up over more exaggearted press gossip. Chrysler is in good hands (for a change) with Sergio and Fiat and Dodge and Viper are in great hands with Ralph. Simmer down now!

Okay then, if Sergio wants to keep the Viper alive, as you say, how about fixing the past screw ups, like restoring the two TOP Viper Dealers, i.e. D&E Dodge and Tator's Dodge? Without them you loose Viper customers on the East Coast! :hmmm:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Viper dates: 10/30/09 Raffle; 11/04/09 Sergio's "translation" announcement; Jan 2010 N.A.I.Auto Show; Spring 2010 CAAP produces MY 2010.
December could be great too, St. *****'s Day might have extra-special green, while next September/October will be an absolute blast! It is going to be one heck of a great year... :2tu:

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay then, if Sergio wants to keep the Viper alive, as you say, how about fixing the past screw ups, like restoring the two TOP Viper Dealers, i.e. D&E Dodge and Tator's Dodge? Without them you loose Viper customers on the East Coast! :hmmm:

Could not have said it any better. Go Chuck and Tom!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwight

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456