Wanna Go Fast

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's almost here (Clayton GA) I will be going NA this year. I hope too hit 165 MPH in the half mile. Z06 Vettes are trapping 160ish. Who else's is going to this event.

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
132 Schmidt John 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (N/A) 160.19 158.48 147.57 this is from the June 1st 2013 event.

51 Hawk Jeff 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (N/A) 152.46 160.42 161.33 this is the June 2nd event.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I participated in their Carrabelle, FL event last April and was able to hit slightly over 165 in my NA Gen III. I currently hold their NA record for any WannaGoFast event. I will humbly pass than along to my Viper brethren. Good luck.

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's race! I am shooting for around 165 as well. I have some new Pilot super sports on their way so no run craps for this guy. Look for me at the timing system area. I will have the viper next to it. I'm sure I can sneak away for a run or two throughout the day, but probably closer to the end of the event.

345 - There is a guy with a z06 that is gunning for your record. He had the N/A record before you beat it.

There will be a few cars going over 200. We should have the first viper do over 200 if she shows and can hook up(1700hp or something like that)

There was a GTR that did 214 earlier this year in Chicago. Followed closely by a Eagle talon at 213.

Heads up racing 1/2 mile. From a dead stop or roll. There is a tree for the digs.

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's race! I am shooting for around 165 as well. I have some new Pilot super sports on their way so no run craps for this guy. Look for me at the timing system area. I will have the viper next to it. I'm sure I can sneak away for a run or two throughout the day, but probably closer to the end of the event.

345 - There is a guy with a z06 that is gunning for your record. He had the N/A record before you beat it.

There will be a few cars going over 200. We should have the first viper do over 200 if she shows and can hook up(1700hp or something like that)

There was a GTR that did 214 earlier this year in Chicago. Followed closely by a Eagle talon at 213.

Heads up racing 1/2 mile. From a dead stop or roll. There is a tree for the digs.

Should be a blast!!!! Can't believe the Talon is hitting 213 MPH!!!! See you there Sunday!!!!

F

FrgMstr

It's almost here (Clayton GA) I will be going NA this year. I hope too hit 165 MPH in the half mile. Z06 Vettes are trapping 160ish. Who else's is going to this event.

What mods have you done? 165mph would be out of reach for a stock Viper for sure.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Carabelle event (year before last) was THE most fun i have ever had with my Viper. I trailered my car 13 hours each way to attend that event and it was well worth it.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love too hit 165 mph but looks like 160 for me this year.

355 gears
RT high flo cats
3 inch Corsa
Roe Tune
And some weight reduction.

Its going to be tough to get even into the low 150s with those mods. Looks at some of the WannaGoFast event results (CLICK ME) to see how some diverse cars are doing. At the April event in Florida, a stock Gen III went 143mph while a stock Gen IV went 153mph. Your gearing won't help either since you will be forced to do a 4-5 shift at about 140mph, and 5th will be too low in the rpm band to really pull you anywhere. At last year's Houston Half Mile, Wayne's Supercharged Viper with 3.55s was only able to pull a 148mph pass. Driver skill, weather, and many other factors ultimately contribute to the final speed. Do come back and let us know how you did.

Good luck.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had plans to go, but unfortunately i wont be able to make this one just like I missed participating in the Chicago event.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are these events like for spectators? Is it a spectator friendly event? Can you sit down on the big end, or are the crowds limited to the starting line area? I'd like to make the Chicago event next year, but the racing fee is a bit steep for my first visit(and my stock '97's not that fast).

As a racer, with entry limited to 150 cars, how many passes do you typically make?

Last edited:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can line up along the side of the runway. Probably too close if there's ever an incident. The place is sold out so better look for a room now or you'll end up sleeping under the stars.

What are these events like for spectators? Is it a spectator friendly event? Can you sit down on the big end, or are the crowds limited to the starting line area? I'd like to make the Chicago event next year, but the racing fee is a bit steep for my first visit(and my stock '97's not that fast).

As a racer, with entry limited to 150 cars, how many passes do you typically make?

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spectators can be on the side of the runway ~100' just about the whole way down. Clayton is special because there is a bit of a hill on the left side of the runway so you have an elevated view of the racing. As for passes, there was a guy in a ls powered miata do around 15 passes last year. It really depends on how quick the cars can get off the track. There is also a lot of people who do a couple runs and are happy nothing broke. Then it turns into a car show full of sweet cars.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I went to the Chicago event this year as a spectator. Well worth the small entry fee. Took me half a day to even start getting bored (I got bored with a Formula 1 race within the first 25 minutes). Makes a C&C event feel like watching grass grow. You can spectate from any point of the half mile strip you choose. Some of the engine notes can be pretty intoxicating. You can check out a bunch of insane cars and talk to the drivers/crew.

Seemed to me that most racers ran every half hour or so, but I could be wrong. I plan to bring my car to next year's event to see what she'll run.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Definitely spectator friendly. They had an announcer that was reading the speeds on a PA system in Monee.

As far as number of passes, Saturday had more racers but I would say at least once an hour.
Sunday wasn't as crowded and by afternoon you could almost hot lap the course.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill be there as a spectator can wait. Leaving the 96 at home. She can't run with the big dawns.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To anyone who isn't aware.

LEE HAS NOT AND WILL NOT RESIGN! In fact, he has now removed from office and banned anyone who has been actually having open discussions with anyone else. This includes Randall, Maurice, and probably Tony by the time I write this. He is cleaning house of anyone and everyone who knows his shady dealings, instead of stepping down like he originally said. NOTHING will be changing at the VCA except the fact that the VCA is OVER. Lee has gone completely rogue and is doing everything possible to shut anyone up who knows anything. The problem is, A LOT of NEW information is flowing on the other Viper sites. After these current moves, you can be 100% sure that there are some really bad things that they cannot afford to have known, and the relationship with Chrysler/SRT is 100% dead (I'm sure they have already been made aware of Lee's latest dictator moves).

I URGE YOU TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL PRESIDENTS IMMEDIATELY AND GET THE FULL STORY (OF WHAT HAS BEEN RECENTLY DONE) AND TELL THEM THAT YOU 100% EXPECT THEM TO WITHDRAW FROM THE VCA AT THIS VERY MOMENT! There are already additional directors and founding VCA officers resigning and cutting ties (and not with very good language to Lee either).

Please check the other sites and see for yourself. If anyone needs to reach me after this, I go by the same user name on the other sites. Something tells me I will not have access to this site within a few minutes of posting this.

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great day of racing today. Top speed of the day was a gtr at 199. Top N/A car was corvette at 169. Several vipers raced and did pretty well. a couple vipers had some issues, but it's their place to say something if they want. I was working the timing system so didn't get to race much but my two runs were a 154 shakedown pass and a 145 redlining third and it fell on its face, but it was against a very nice 09 ACR so it was still fun. If its a little slower tomorrow I will get in some more runs and hopefully break 160. For all those I met today, I hope you enjoyed yourself and hopefully we meet again.

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice talking with you Kris. Well looks like 144.5 MPH was the best I could do. But my 3rd pass was so quick I broke the trap speed timer :) here comes the mods!!!! Lots of fast cars and a great time!!!.

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
145 was the best I could manage today. I will upload some videos and pictures in the next few days so people can see what you are missing. I'll also announce next years schedule when it gets ironed out. Hopefully vipers will own these events. Fastest car today was 203 in a GTR. Fastest 4 door was a Audi at 162, and N/A fastest was a corvette at ~168.