WANTED 08 Roadster

cashcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for my dream car. An 08 Venom Red Roadster with Black Stripes & hopefully the Razor wheels. thanks!

OP
OP
C

cashcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There seems to be alot of Venom red without the stripes, but I'm really wanting them (black stripes), so I'll be testing my patience. I figure I'll keep looking until the end of summer. thanks for the reply though!!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There seems to be quite a debate on Venom Red. Some folks say that heres so many for sale because it's an unpopular color. Others absolutely love it. I was behind a Venom red vert at VOI 11. It had silver stripes and was just stunning in person. There are lots of them out there but I have rarely seen any for sale with black stripes. Good luck with the search!:)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not giving away and no stripes either, but first drive this year :drive:

Attachments

• DSC04671srt10b.jpg
    DSC04671srt10b.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 1853.jpg
    1853.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 1855.jpg
    1855.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 1856.jpg
    1856.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 1857.jpg
    1857.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 35

tomscorvette

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kidding Right? you can have the car striped in vinyl all day long for like $800.00 just did mine in silver and love it. Plus...........they are removable if so desired for any new buyer. Good luck.
Tom

OP
OP
C

cashcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***! I had no idea.. My age must be showing. Tom, About some pic's? Is it the same material used for a clear bra? thanks.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
autotrader just had one posted with 1700 miles for 69,900. Check it out

OP
OP
C

cashcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autotrader: Venom with Silver stripes. Looks pretty good. But I really want to hold out for black stripes as I'm in no hurry..

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ride ViperGTS! Photo in front of Ferrari is PRICELESS..

You may be holding out a long time. Only 13 made, lowest of all the venom colors.

13 black stripe
15 white stripe
23 silver stripe

162 NO STRIPE

Which one you think you are.........................
a. gonna find first
b. get a killer deal on

Do the vinyl stripes on the best deal/condition/low miles car you can find. Hopefully close enough for you to pick up somewhat locally. You really can't tell they are vinyl tape stripes. Even to the touch as the painted ones are not cleared over, so they have an edge just like the taped ones.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 5k mile 08 that will be painting next week. Can do any color and a good price.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too am interested in VR 08 cars - I like 'em without stripes too. As much as I love my 03, if I found the right car at the right price, and could get something decent for my 03, well, you know.....!

It takes a while to find the right car.

OP
OP
C

cashcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but as long as your in not to much of a hurry the locating can be part of the fun.. lol. I'm really considering no stripes now as there seems to be vinyl striping being done. I need to see some in person and hopefully some photo's from owners from this site. Anybody done the vinyl striping?

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but how does the paint look after vinyl stripe removal? Been thinking about vinyl stripes for the ole' purplesnake.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but how does the paint look after vinyl stripe removal? Been thinking about vinyl stripes for the ole' purplesnake.

I had vinyl stripes on my 98 GTS for four years before I sold it.
They were a bit of a PITA to remove as some residual adhesive stuck, but once I did and buffed it out and waxed you could never tell they were on there.
This car was garaged kept, so your mileage may vary if it sits out in the hot sun all day.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had vinyl stripes on my 98 GTS for four years before I sold it.
They were a bit of a PITA to remove as some residual adhesive stuck, but once I did and buffed it out and waxed you could never tell they were on there.
This car was garaged kept, so your mileage may vary if it sits out in the hot sun all day.

Thanks. The car is what others on this forum call a "Garage Queen", so that is exactly the input I was looking for.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Garage Queen"??? I thought those were all glitter-finish-bass-boat-green with black stripes !!!

No...I said "Garage Queen", refering to a car that is not driven daily, not a "Queen", that occasionally hangs out in the garage. Understandable mistake...:lmao::lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62