Wanted Headers for the 4.7 V8 in the Jeep?

Reaction score
I am retiring my 98 Jeep G.C. 5.9. It is a great Sport Ute but Jeep just introduced the GC Ltd Overland with 265hp. I could not resist the 0 interest 0 down and Friends and family discount. I want to add a little more zip to the 4.7 so Header and K&N filter are the first order of business. Contacted Edelbrock (my 5.9 has Edelbrock headers), but they have not tooled headers for the 4.7. Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Fred, I checked all my suppliers and others (Bassani, Edelbrock, JBA, Gibson, and Thorley), and I come up with a big goose egg. Bummer.
I'll actually be in the market soon for an SUV. Are you going to trade in your car or sell it outright? I might be interested...

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Hi Bill, if you have a chance check at SEMA for a supplier. The 4.7 V8 has been out for 3 years in the Jeep. With the new 4.7 ** engine I would expect some one to make a header. I will sell the 5.9 and likely do a package deal with my Featherlite open trailer.

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Dakota 4*4 Quad Cab. This thing is pathetic as far as power goes and fuel mileage is also terrible on the high way. (When the wife complains about the lack of power that is bad) At 65 MPH 18.5 MPG and that is in the big imperial gallon. Should have stayed with the Jeep and the 4.0 liter that pulled 23.5 MPG and would out pull the Dakota by a long shot even though it is 45 less horse power. Even my 1969 Chrysler 300 got 21 and would haul 6 big adults in comfort with power to spare or the Viper that gets 28 MPG.

If some one knows who has way to get a few more economical ponies out of this let me know. I have my K&N in the mail and that will help but won’t be the cure all. It’s not bad to sacrifice power for fuel economy or fuel economy for power. But to sacrifice both is not good.
I some times wonder if Chrysler is not slipping back in time. Even the Diesel when they went from the 12 Valve to the 24 Valve there was a solid 25% drop in fuel economy.

On a positive note it sounds like the Viper will be making more power for 2003.