Warped Grill

Stuntman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have any of you guys had your grill warp like this?

Are there clips that hold the horizontal piece in place to define the thin shape or does the entire bumper need to be replaced?

Warped Grill:
You must be registered for see images attach

Not warped:

Thanks!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy fix. There are foam inserts that run along the cross hairs. You need to remove the fascia, remove the foam inserts. Clean the area inside fascia with rubbing alcohol. Apply new two sided tape and run along entire length. Place new stripes in and compress them very well by hand. Put fascia back on. I did that on mine 8 years ago and its holding up fine.

OP
OP
S

Stuntman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you are using two sided tape (like 3M -which has some pretty amazing products) to keep the horizontal crosshair taped up to the foam crash insert to hold its shape?

Do they just warp over time or is there a part/clip on the inner fascia that unbonded from the fascia that caused the crosshair to droop?

Is there foam behind the center horizontal crosshair?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory only put some small 3M two sided strips. I ran mine the whole length. The combination of prepping the surface the increase the surface area of two sided tape is what will yield strong adhesion over a long period of time.

The are factory foam inserts in there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456