Warranty work 3yr/36,000--Advice please!

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I need some advice regarding warranty claims, I am the owner of a 2001 rt-10 sapphire blue. I am bringing in the car tomorrow morning to do a warranty claim on the leather seats because they have started to crack? after 10,000 miles, also on the center console it has cracked by the glove box and on the side sills due to heat damage.

Other than those three things, can anyone recommend things I should get the dealership to look for before the warranty runs out ( 6 days)

Any help would be much appreciated especially from dealers.

Thanks

Kevin

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember that the extended warranty like MAXCare does not care trim items, only mechanical and electrical

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Kevin,
Adding extra lines to a Warranty repair order is a big RED FLAG for the manufacturer (sp) .
I would suggest BEFORE the car is written up by the service advisor, you come up with a list of items that are of concern like have him write up a very generic line like "customer states fluid leaking onto floor when parked" or "customer states clunk sound from front of vehicle"
These kind of complaints can cover A LOT of items and maybe the tech will spot a problem looking for the cause of your "complaint".
BTW I have worked at new car dealerships for over 20 years.

Cheers,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper