Washing the Viper car cover?

04MambaNYC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have an 04 Dodge Viper Mamba. It came with the cover for it and now I want to wash it. Any suggestions how to wash it? In the washer, delicate cycle? Please let me know, thanks.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you use a very large capacity washer as they are easy to destroy. Most covers come with washing instructions. And yes, delicate cycle. The agitator can easily cause tears in a smaller washer.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you even think about washing that cover, you need to contact the manufacturer and find out EXACTLY how it is to be washed. Improper washing can not only destroy your cover, it can also destroy the effective properties that make your cover work. That is something that you cannot see with your eyes as it is designed into the cover. All covers come with explicit washing instructions. You need to find yours and follow them TO THE LETTER.

OP
OP

04MambaNYC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you even think about washing that cover, you need to contact the manufacturer and find out EXACTLY how it is to be washed. Improper washing can not only destroy your cover, it can also destroy the effective properties that make your cover work. That is something that you cannot see with your eyes as it is designed into the cover. All covers come with explicit washing instructions. You need to find yours and follow them TO THE LETTER.
I tried to find the intructions on the cover itself but it does NOT say.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this will motivate you to look harder. These are the general washing instructions for my Covercraft car cover, however, I have very specific instruction that address the type of material that my cover is made from. Covercraft makes more than one type of cover. They also break their covers down into indoor and outdoor categories, with multiple models to choose from. Look how SPECIFIC the instructions are. Like I said before, incorrect washing can not only destroy the cover, it can also destroy the technology behind how the cover protects.

Cleaning Instructions

The generic cleaning instructions noted below are intended for use with all Covercraft covers but you should refer to the instruction sheet enclosed with the car cover for any fabric specific care instructions.

Car cover fabric performance can be severely affected by dirt that builds up on and within the material. It can cause the windshield and paint to become dirty and “fogged” as well as create “wicking” where it actually helps pull water through the fabric, nullifying any water resistant properties the fabric may have had. Cleaning your cover will help to keep your vehicle clean and to increase the service life of the cover.

NEVER...Clean a car cover in a washer with a center agitator (except WeatherShield fabric covers).
NEVER...Use fabric softener.
NEVER...Dry a non-woven or specialty type cover in a dryer.
(WeatherShield fabric & Form-Fit covers can be dried in a dryer with regular heat; Polycotton, Cotton and Flannel can be dried on low heat.)

1 - Using a large commercial washer without agitator, wash the cover using 1/4 cup of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner (some WeatherShield covers are compact enough to be washed in a normal size washer). Put the cover in the washer and pour the cleaner in the tub after it’s filled with warm water or pour it directly in the machine (some wall mounted commercial units), then put in the cover and start the machine .
2 - Rinse the cover twice (2X) to remove all the cleaner.
3 - Air dry (unless it’s one of the covers noted above that can be dried in a dryer with regular or low heat).

A cover may also be cleaned by turning it inside-out on the vehicle.
1 - Mix one ounce Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner per quart of warm water.
2 - Spray or sponge onto cover.
3 - Rinse with plain water (until no suds) and allow to air dry.