WASHINGTON / OREGON (PNW area) Convoy info.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has been lots of discussions about what day to leave and where to stop on our way to VOI 9 in Las Vegas. The event itself starts on Monday morning the 25th of Sept. Many members who have previously attended VOI's have stated that Dodge does a good job of keeping you busy during the event. That being said we would be wise to start planning the courses for our convoys. We will also want to get groups together that would like to travel at the same time and stay in the same place so that we can arrive fresh and ready to PARTY.

Option #1 (Friday Departure)
This option would have a group of cars leaving Friday and traveling to Reno. It's about 600 miles to Reno from the Portland area and just under 10 hours of seat time. This allows us stay the night in Reno. We would than get back on the road mid morning on Saturday the 23rd and drive the rest of the way to Las Vegas. The Saturday drive will be a little shorter but still comes in at 450 miles and just under 9 hours behind the wheel. This option get us to Vegas Saturday night and gives you that night and Sunday to do whatever you want. The events start 1st thing Monday morning. This option will add an extra day to the hotel stay in Vegas.

Option #2 (Saturday Departure)
This option is just like option #1, but we would leave Early Saturday morning and get in to Reno that night. Get some sleep and travel the rest of the way to Vegas on Sunday. This option puts us in Vegas on Sunday evening and in plenty of time for the event. Leaving Saturday also has no addition hotel costs in Vegas (except the stay in Reno) and allows us not to have to take an additional day off from work (Friday).

I would also like to point out the difficulty of traveling in very large groups. Regardless of what day you would like to go, it would be smart of us to divide up in to smaller groups of 4 to 7 cars for the driving portion and meet up at the same hotel in Reno (or any other city you want to stay in). If we do stay in Reno, is there any "car" friendly hotels with plenty of secure parking?

There are many other ways to do this convoy and if you have an idea, now is the time to speak up. There is the possibility that we can make the whole 18 hour drive in one day. The other side of that is something like what the Washington club is doing., They are going to make it a 3 day drive stopping twice along the way. They are also going to be taken more back roads and staying in smaller cities. If that sounds like more of a route you would like, than I can help you get in touch with that club and get the their route info. They will be staying in Susanville one night if that helps you.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT OPTION YOU WANT AND I WILL START MAKING THE PLANS.

[email protected] or 360-772-5555

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody,
Do you know if any of the Oregon people are doing the Silver State Classic? I believe 3 of us from WA are doing it. I have been going over all of the possible scenarios to get my car down there by the 13th, do the SSCC, leave my car there (? at a Vegas VCA member's house?), work the next week and then fly back down for VOI. I have about 8 plans and have to decide on one of them soon.

Bob K

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Current plans are to be leaving Friday, but I'll make it to Susanville Friday night, Bishop Saturday nite, and Vegas Sunday.
PBR

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have garage spots for anyone wanting to leave their cars and then come back. I have a detached garage that has room for about 3 cars if needed. I won't be attending the offical VOI festivities but will be doing other things that week and will be attending the BBQ on Sunday.

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point we have 5 confirmed to leave on Friday and many others that will be towing on Satuday.

If you are driving your viper, you will not want to go 50 MPH the whole way with the guys towing.

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now the only club members going Sat. are towing a trailer. If I hear of anyone going that day I let you know. What area are you in?

Warp10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I intend to start Saturday morning from eastern Washington near Idaho and head into Montana to take I-15 south to Vegas. I am planning to stop Sat night and Sun night and get into Vegas on Monday morning.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21