Water sloshing inside panels?

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I exhausted my search looking for anything on this issue. I do remember reading an older thread about it but can't find it. though. I own a 2003, have an Autoform hardtop. When I backed out of my garage this morning I heard wat soulded like a gallon or more of water slosh back. Yesterday I got caught in heavy rain and noticed the Autoform top has a channel running along the "drip rail" the outer edges that run along the door glass. It dumps inside the quarter panel just behind the door jam. I only heard it on the passenger side though. Is this normal for a washout area? And if I'm getting the sloshing, holding water, is there supposed to be a drain/plug? Or is there somewhere I can look to unclog the drain? Or is water just not supposed to get into that area?

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time I wash my 2004, I get a ton of water inside the door. I actually try to use as little water as possible, but a bunch still finds its way in. There are some small,drain hoes in the door and I try to position the doors in such a way that they will drain before I close them.

I have read where some people have enlarged the holes. Maybe that's what you need to do.

Before I bought the car I had assumed that dodge would have figured out how to make a water tight car in 2004. I stand corrected.

~Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456