Waterless Coolant

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, but I'd like to learn more about it. Unfortunately, the videos didn't address freezing temperatures. But I presume since this product is supposed to be for life (never has to be replaced), and appears to be used completely on its own, it can withstand freezing temperatures. Just wish they would have commented on it.
I currently have water wetter in my radiator and have learned this product has issues. Additionally, after a year, it doesn't appear to be working any more. Many who use it have crossed over to Royal Purple Ice, and I was thinking about doing the same until you posted this thread on evanscooling. I'm thinking now I may just have my system (radiator and block) flushed and instead put this product in my Snake.

I do respect Leno, but, I'd like to know more.

Hopefully, some of our Snake owner members have and are using it, and can further comment.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks interesting, especially since high radiator temps appear to be common on vipers. The conversion process which may require a different pump and radiator could be a challenge.

Would be interesting to get the opinon of an automotive "cooling engineer" and a chemical engineer knowledgeable about the chemical properties mentioned on the web site for this product.

Who wants to volunteer to be the "official" test mule?

I don't put much stock in the environmental stuff. It may be legit but it is such a common claim that everything is environmentally friendly I would not use that as the motivation to try. If nothing else maybe it keeps the "greenies" off their back.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I just read in the site literature somewhere that it actually lowered freezing point temperature. It should be easy enough to see if the stuff provides lower average temperatures. As far as the statements regarding less bubbles and better cooling "after" shutdown; This would be very desirable but who has the intrumentation to prove or disprove?

No, but I'd like to learn more about it. Unfortunately, the videos didn't address freezing temperatures. But I presume since this product is supposed to be for life (never has to be replaced), and appears to be used completely on its own, it can withstand freezing temperatures. Just wish they would have commented on it.
I currently have water wetter in my radiator and have learned this product has issues. Additionally, after a year, it doesn't appear to be working any more. Many who use it have crossed over to Royal Purple Ice, and I was thinking about doing the same until you posted this thread on evanscooling. I'm thinking now I may just have my system (radiator and block) flushed and instead put this product in my Snake.

I do respect Leno, but, I'd like to know more.

Hopefully, some of our Snake owner members have and are using it, and can further comment.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm always hesitant to be the first onboard with anything like the latest and greatest mousetrap if it deals with health or viper.
I like to wait it out and see if the complaints, failures or lawsuits follow.

Now tech gadgets, I tend to dive in and be the guinea pig.

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have experience with a similar product called Engine Ice but only in motorcycles and ATV applications. It does provide low temperature (freeze up) protection. I ran my ATV's -20 F without any problems and it did make them run cooler in the summer. With that said it was easy to "try it out" on a vehicle that I could replace the motor for $2500. I would not want to be the guinea pig with my Viper. Even when I was road racing sportbikes I never put this stuff in any of my track bikes. I did however run straight distilled water and water wetter. On bikes we used just for testing or even my daily drivers I would run 20-25% Coolant, 1/2-3/4 bottle of water wetter and top that off with distilled water. In our impromptu testing that was the best combo to keep our temps down on the track. But, when you are using water wetter and running below 50% "Coolant" you will want flush and refill much more often to prevent corrosion in an aluminum radiator. The Evans stuff sounds great but in being a motorsports enthusiast for years I have never seen anybody using this product directly.

Craig,

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend put it in his 28 model A when it was having heating issues, has been perfect ever since. Also, one of our customers with a STI was having detonation problems on the highway during pulls. He switched over to evans, and never had another issue. This stuff has been around for a long time, I'm really surprised there aren't more people using it.

vp97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have used that coolant in my GTS for the past 5 years. The only thing that is a pain is that you have to get all of the existing coolant out. It was easy for me as the engine was out and the radiator was replaced too.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen it.. Why bother? A good quality coolant + distilled water will get you further than your next engine issue/problem....

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have to modify the pump, radiator or other componenets in order to use this stuff?

I have used that coolant in my GTS for the past 5 years. The only thing that is a pain is that you have to get all of the existing coolant out. It was easy for me as the engine was out and the radiator was replaced too.