Watkins Glen NARRA Viper track days OCT 19-21

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NEXT EVENT: Sign up for the the action packed
Finals Weekend at Watkins Glen.

This is your chance to drive The Glen, and even if your're not in the hunt for the National Championship, you could be a NARRA World Champion!

Oct 19-21 | Watkins Glen, NY
* Friday GT90 Endurance Race
* US Performance Driver Education
* Whelen US TimeTrial Championship
* US GT Championship
* SRT Viper Cup
* NARRA TT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
* NARRA GT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
* Champions' Banquet at Corning Museum of Glass

A single, stand-alone 30 minute sprint race on Sunday is all that's between you and one of four class (GT-U, 1, 2 & 3) NARRA World Championship titles. Same goes for time-trial drivers. A two session 'Double-Dual' format will determine four more World Champs. Any one from any club can enter, even if you've never run NARRA before. Add in a 90 minute endurance race on Friday (multi-driver, mandatory stop), as well as Saturday's double-point deciders for NARRA's national US GT and Whelen US TimeTrial championships (you don't need to have raced in the championship this year to enter), plus the final two rounds of the 2012 SRT Viper Cup and you've got one of the biggest race weekends of the year. Then there's the driver education program allowing anyone with a high-performance road car to join in on the on-track action, and the Saturday night Champions' Banquet at the Corning Museum of Glass (see below for details).

Event details

Click here to register for Watkins Glen now!

2012 Champions' Banquet, Corning Museum of Glass

Saturday, October 20.
The Auditorium at CMOG
1 Museum Way, Corning, NY.
6:15pm - FREE Cocktails
7:00pm - Dinner

Don't miss out- tickets must be
pre-ordered. $49.95 per person.
BOOK TODAY!

Celebrate the season in style! The 2012 Champions' Banquet will be held in the Auditorium of the inspirational Corning Museum of Glass- home to more than 35 centuries of glass artistry, science and technology.

Free cocktails will be offered from 6:15 to 7:00, presented by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, followed by a full plated dinner crafted by Corning's own culinary services.

For those with families you may be interested to visit the museum, which features galleries, hands on learning and live glass demonstrations. More information on CMOG can be found here.

Event details

Click here to register for Watkins Glen now!

You must be registered for see images

2012 NARRA Calendar

Oct 19-21 Watkins Glen International - Watkins Glen, NY

Latest Videos

You must be registered for see images attach

Quick Links

Media Inquires

General Inquires

Note: You must be a member to register for an event.

FOR ANY INQUIRES OR EVENT REGISTRATION CALL 817 829 4893.

Images © NARRA unless stated.

About the North American Road Racing Association:

NARRA has been America's home for high-end, high-performance cars for over 18 years, and solely focuses on GT styled sports cars. Catering to every skill level, from novice to pro, NARRA allows participants to rise through its own ranks, from the US Performance Driver Education program to the Whelen US TimeTrial and US GT championships. Many NARRA events also feature the SRT Viper Cup Series presented by Pennzoil Ultra. NARRA specializes in developing, sanctioning and operating racing series for car clubs and manufacturers. The competition at a NARRA event is only matched by the camaraderie. Weekends are extremely social, with Friday night welcoming parties and Saturday banquets.

The USPDE is a highly regarded driving school, as perfect for race track first-timers as it is for experienced track-day drivers. Classroom sessions teach informative curriculum, while instructors experienced with high-horsepower cars guide students around the track from the passenger seat. Many instructors are current or former semi-pro and pro racers.

Bridging the gap between driver-ed and wheel-to-wheel racing, the Whelen USTTC offers drivers a national time-trial championship with contingencies, trophies and exposure equal to any racing series. The series attracts top tuning houses and time-attack teams from across the country because of its high-level competition, and no-holds-barred unlimited class.

Fielding as many as 47 cars in 2011, the USGTC is rapidly becoming the largest high performance GT racing series in the USA. Amateur and semi-pro drivers race against the might of professional drivers and factory teams for glory, contingencies and exposure. Cars are placed in to four classes based on power-to-weight ratio, including an unlimited class allowing the country's fastest cars to compete. Visit www.NARRAonline.com.

Presenting Partners Whelen Engineering | SRT | PartsRack | DMS South | MorganStanley SmithBarney

Contingency Partners CoolShirt | Hoosier | GoPro | TeamTech | Moton | Sunoco

Corporate Partners BJ Motors | Archer Racing Accessories | Viper Club of America | ViperExchange.com

Official Suppliers GoPro | Traqmate | TeamTech | Forgeline | Sunoco

Media Partners HardDrive | Grassroots Motorsports | VIPER Magazine | GoRacingTV.com | TuffTV

Featured Series Viper SRT Cup | Formula 1000 | RealTimeAttack

Insurance Partners HPDE Insurance | OnTrackInsurance.com

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to try to make it - at least for Saturday I think. Sorry we'll miss you Rich - hope to catch you and that ACR before winter!

Steve - save one ride-along for Courtney!

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be up there running on Saturday and at the banquet Sat. night. Then I am heading back for kids football games on Sunday. It will be an amazing event. This is NARRA's last event of year and will decide many championships. The DE portion of the event will be great. Lots of instructors and the track was made for our Vipers. This is one of the greatest tracks in the USA (all sports car classes ,Indy Car, NASCAR currently run here and former US F1 track)

Ed- No ride ever needs to be saved for Courtney she has an open VIP invitation :)

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pres, see you on the 20th

Ritchie- if there ever was a Viper track the Glen is it . Try and get that ACR up there :)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will definitely be there on Saturday and maybe stay for Sunday.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will be at the Hampton Inn, just Friday night - leaving for Rochester right from the track Saturday.

Recluse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So whats the deal with this? I'm thouroghly confused. I signed up for NARRA a couple weeks ago and got my login information, etc. Then yesterday afternoon I stopped by the track to see if I could catch the last race of the day and I was turned away at the gate. Do you literally have to sign up for the PDE or one of the races to be allowed in?

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you told them you were there with NARA they should have let you in.

Ed and Courtney great to see you guys and I am glad I was able to give you guys some hot laps :) (P.S. Ed was your Mom surprised?)
If anyone ever gets the chance to drive theGlen I suggest you never miss it. If there was a track meant for the Viper it’sthe Glen. I have driven the Glen for 20 years in all kinds of race cars fromNASCAR to open wheel and everything in between. I can honestly say the most funand my fastest time ever on the track was Saturday in my stock Viper. What atrue testament to our cars. Thanks everyone at NARRA for a great weekend .

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve! That was a blast... Courtney and I were trying to figure out how you make the car stick on the edge like that the whole drive up to Rochester haha.

And yeah mom walked into the restaurant and was totally shocked it worked out really well!