weight reduction

Reaction score
If your just wanting to race your snake. You could remove all the A/C goodies, radio, carpet, get racing seats, carbon fiber body kit from Hennessey Motorsports & all the unnecessary parts you do not need like heat shields. 2000 Dodge Viper ACR Weight=1522 kg or 3356 lbs. The Hennessey Body Kit is around $20,000 and it takes off around 20 lbs.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still remember Bob Lutz swearing that the '92 Viper would be "under 3000 pounds even if we have to drop the hood lift springs". Now they are still trying to get under 3200 over ten years later... Sigh... Good thing we got all that torque...
You must be registered for see images

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beware removing spare from RT/10. It serves a safety purpose, i.e. helping prevent the hinged end of the trunk from coming throught the sport cap in a rear impact. I do not recommend it for weight reduction.

Keith

venemous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah take the tire out and the jack , there is a air bag you can buy to put in the truck . You inflate it does the job its around 50.00 oh it weights a half pound with air !!. But i would think DIAMLER would tell us this also !!! what a rip.
I will find the link
John

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey what's the real deal with safety and removing the spare tire? I've wanted to remove it but also heard that it would definitely compromise crash worthiness in the event of a rear end collision. I'm sure many of us would like to see some documented evidence one way or the other. Thus far it's been totally anecdotal.

Thanks .....

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were told at a Tech Session a couplr summers ago that removing the spare tire could be a safety issue. Apparently it does have a structural reason. Also, we were told that the spare tire hold down rod has a cable running through it (under the floor) and that this cable is tied to either side of the frame. If this is the case, it certainly makes sense to me that removing the tire/wheel would not be a wise idea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude