Weird issues

kneehighspy

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
went to open my drivers side door today in my 2017 gtc and it paused a second then opened. upon starting the car, the display was off on the radio and the ac button wouldn’t activate.

checked fuses, didn’t find any blown. tried starting car several times and it continued to do this. i finally let the car run a min or two and then the radio display came back on and everything seemed to be fine.

also i’ve noticed the clutch making a pop sound when pushing in the clutch, but it doesn’t always do this either.

anyone else heard of these issues?

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you say, weird. The door and the dash electronics have one thing in common though: the battery. That it started the car several times sort of negates that, but I had a battery that would start the car with a slight hesitation and that battery was failing and needed to be replaced. The only reason I discovered it was because I kept failing emissions testing, with each fresh starting of the car the dying battery cleared all saved computer data.

It would not hurt to swing by your dealership and have them test it. If the battery is OEM Mopar and it’s over 2-3 years old it’s time to start thinking about a new one anyway.

OP
OP
kneehighspy

kneehighspy

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
i’m guessing its still the factory battery that came with the car. i will check the date and see, if so, it’s time for a replacement

HISSSN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you say, weird. The door and the dash electronics have one thing in common though: the battery. That it started the car several times sort of negates that, but I had a battery that would start the car with a slight hesitation and that battery was failing and needed to be replaced. The only reason I discovered it was because I kept failing emissions testing, with each fresh starting of the car the dying battery cleared all saved computer data.

It would not hurt to swing by your dealership and have them test it. If the battery is OEM Mopar and it’s over 2-3 years old it’s time to start thinking about a new one anyway.
I would test the battery like BYAIC said, but if it started your Viper many times it sounds good but if it is at lower volts say 11.5 the computer will pick up on that and may not power up all the computers. You have many computers and processors in a line and sometimes the BUS communication chain gets a glitch and at times it takes the Dodge WiTec scanner to reprogram and get them all talking again. Start with a slow charge on the battery and then have it tested. If battery needs replacing do not buy a cheap battery get a dealer or AGM battery.