Well, I finally got stereo pics (installed)

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to say that, overall, I'm 80-85% happy with it.

In retrospect, I would have measured the slots myself instead of ("Hey, remember how I thought that 10"s would fit in those holes?" "Yes." "Well, I don't think I'll have room. So I'll fab up some fiberglass and flip the speakers around. They look cool with the end's exposed." "Won't that be a problem if I put things in the trunk?" "No." "What about my laptop?" "No."), and gotten 8"s, installed normally. Maybe I will anyway in the future... Also, the seat drop on the drivers side mixed with the amp being under there yeilds a rough ride, but it wasn't all that 'cushy' to begin with...

Well, obviously, I can't put my laptop back there on the way to work, but I never take anyone with me to work, so it doesn't matter. And the boxes and the rears of the speakers do look kind of sweet and indestructable.

I love the sound of all of them (maybe 2 10"s is a *little* overkill
smile.gif
, but it's like the engine, I just like knowing it's there if I want it), and looks wise, I love the head unit and the CDTs. One small issue with the drivers side left tweeter grille, it's rotated slightly off -- anyone know how to adjust -- didn't want to move for me...

But, I digress. Pics (with the same sh!tty camera -- I'll get one once I pay off the stereo
smile.gif
):

1door.jpg

1sub.jpg

head.jpg

Leaf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2Tall,

Looks pretty sweet. As for turning the tweeter, your going to have to take the door apart. I just saw in Crutchfield today a Clarion CD/DVD/MP3 player that has an LCD screen that will fit directly into a standard DIMM slot...something to think about.

-Leaf

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a very nice install. I saw your car on Sounddomain. Someday I will get some of my pics on the board as well. I know it sounds great.

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tmcalist:
That is a very nice install. I saw your car on Sounddomain. Someday I will get some of my pics on the board as well. I know it sounds great.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you got me beat.
smile.gif
I was out for "stock look" and "reverttonormalability", looks like you went for "cool".

I cringe at what you did to your trunk on a collector model Viper though...especially to one that I wanted
frown.gif

So, how does it work? Does it bounce the sound off the highway? Are the speaker fronts exposed to the world/road? Or is that enclosed?

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by 2tall on 05-09-2002 at 09:50 PM</font>

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks sweet Brett, love that caption, finally have the tunes in, I'd say your moving along quite well in your mods, at this rate, we can cruise right by VOI and drop the things off at DLM, sounds good to me!

In other news, I think you need more amps and speakers, big heavy ones, welded to the frame so they can't be removed from the car at the track, oops, I mean so theives can't get at em........yeah, yeah, that's it.....

talk to ya later,

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if this will affect you or not but I'd be a little
careful.

The side pockets where you installed the speakers in the back
are the vents for the car. If you look hard behind the speakers
you will see some mesh cloth... and if you look at the opening
on the back of your car on each side this is where the air comes
out of the back of your car....

I would be careful about going at any high rate of speed and
opening one of your side windows... you could blow out the
back glass without the vents allowing the air pressure to
equilize.

Again it may not affect you, but I'd still be careful.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea... they do look cool too.... I bet they sound even better...

The stock speakers in the rear of the car really ****... I've
noticed that mine pick up the exhaust tone and amplify it at
certain frequencies... so I back them off.. but I will most
likely upgrade sometime soon too...

Later Aligator
sea ya, wouldn't wana be ya
laugh.gif

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, there is a little pocket or tunnel between each speaker box and said vent.

But that was just a lucky coincidence. Thanks for the knowledge!

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by genXgts:
looks sweet Brett, love that caption, finally have the tunes in, I'd say your moving along quite well in your mods, at this rate, we can cruise right by VOI and drop the things off at DLM, sounds good to me!

In other news, I think you need more amps and speakers, big heavy ones, welded to the frame so they can't be removed from the car at the track, oops, I mean so theives can't get at em........yeah, yeah, that's it.....

talk to ya later,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't need less weight to lose to the likes of you
smile.gif