Well, my car got keyed outside my house

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dropped off my car outside my house and hopped in my friends' car around 10:00 pm, and left my car out front, because I was gonna return to it later. I come back at around 2:00 am and was really tired after a movie, so I decided to leave it outside and move it in the morning into the garage. It wasn't raining or anything so I thought it would be ok. This is what I found in the morning.

You must be registered for see images

I'll find out who did it eventually, I hope. And I'll take care of things when I do. There is something seriously wrong if you cant park your own car outside your house for one night, without it being damaged. ******** should all be shot.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learned that lesson thankfully years ago, with a cheap/nice car. You can never let your guard down, there are way too many As****es around that will do this kind of BS.

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AllBlack, I feel for you!!!

I'm very surprised that you decided to leave
the car out all night.

99 DIABLO SC
05 Murcielago
05 Bentley GT
05 Mecrcedes SL65
06 Range Rover SC

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your car.

Anybody up for some CSI? I'll test for finger prints and key cut match. :D

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that *****. Been there, it really *****. Nothing you can do except get it fixed real fast and make yourself feel better. If you find them, then feel even better yet.

Good luck,

AC

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this alarm system, it would have helped in your case...
Scytek Electronics is the first to release a color lcd remote pager for a 2 way paging car alarm that starts your vehicle, pages your and takes a picture of the thief.

"Yes, with Galaxy 5200RS, your vehicle's digital camera captures an image when alarm is triggered and displays digital image on hand held color lcd remote control."
click for info

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nico sorry to hear that!! Too many haters around here man never leave a beast like that outside! I've never even left mine in a parking lot!

OP
OP
A

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's pretty much my fault for leaving it outside... but if you live in a good neighbourhood, or just anywhere decent, you don't really think that someone might key your car, or anything of that sort. I bet it was a random, but I'm getting cameras installed and god help whoever I catch. I've got somethin sorted out.

That alarm system looks pretty cool too, I might get it.

Thanks for the concerns... car is goin in on the 22nd to get those parts repainted. Learn from me people, NEVER leave your car outside for a long time ANYWHERE!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is NEVER out of my sight if in public. Last year some bi*tch sat on my car hood so her boyfriend could get a "good" picture. i watched in horror through the window as i ate my lunch at a fast food establishment. She got the tongue lashing of her life. I got her name, number, and plate number before she left. DAMMN good for her i had a good coat of wax on the car.

Bet she doesnt do that again. Hmmmm.. NAW, i am too optomistic. she probably will.

Never forget everyone, she isnt the only idiot out there.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is NEVER out of my sight if in public. Last year some bi*tch sat on my car hood so her boyfriend could get a "good" picture. i watched in horror through the window as i ate my lunch at a fast food establishment. She got the tongue lashing of her life. I got her name, number, and plate number before she left. DAMMN good for her i had a good coat of wax on the car.

Bet she doesnt do that again. Hmmmm.. NAW, i am too optomistic. she probably will.

Never forget everyone, she isnt the only idiot out there.

That's an original way to get a gal's # with a Viper. :D

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allblack, I'm sorry to here about this incident. I too had this happen to my 40th anniversary corvette about 7 yrs ago at a grocery store. I feel your pain!

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer. :mad:

What kind of person gets his kicks out of damaging someone else's hard-earned property just for the sake of damaging it and knowing that it will upset you? How pathetic. You know, at least you can take some sinister comfort in knowing that you can easily get your car fixed, while the person who did this has far, far greater problems. :smirk:

Good luck with the repair job.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen a few years ago to my daily driver. I remember how I felt then and I know it would be amplified 10 times with a Viper. A guy over on the Prowler club site had his car keyed a few years ago in the parking garage at his complex, they keyed every single body panel on the car... I think I would have to go crazy on someone.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Might have been a local, cuz they saw what looked like a rare opportunity. Don't ask me to explain or defend that, its just human nature. Or maybe I should say SUB-human nature.

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jealous pieces of crap., will never own anything nice in their whole worthless lives. i always watch mine when its in public, last time, as i posted on here, i caught some "big" kid stealing the valves caps and i though he was actually keying it, i was happy he wasnt, and so was he

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear...btw, in your last pic of the Viper in your garage is the reflection of an LP tank - empty no doubt right? ;)

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but if you live in a good neighbourhood, or just anywhere decent, you don't really think that someone might key your car, or anything of that sort.
There's no such thing as a good neighborhood. Expensive neighborhood, yes, but good, no. Just rich folks trying to outdo other rich folks. I betcha it was your jealous neighbor's kids.

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that.

I live in a nice neighborhood, not expensive, but nice.

Just the other night, 12 mailboxes were knocked down. (not mine this time)

Last year I left my wife's Lexus SUV on the street, it got egged which put a dent in the door and ate through the clearcoat and paint, thankfully in a small spot.

Before that they stole my concrete Lions off my pillars.

Lesson:

Keep your car in the garage or at least up in the driveway and hope it doesn't happen again.

Howard

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"I live in a nice neighborhood, not expensive, but nice.
Just the other night, 12 mailboxes were knocked down. (not mine this time)
Last year I left my wife's Lexus SUV on the street, it got egged which put a dent in the door and ate through the clearcoat and paint, thankfully in a small spot.
Before that they stole my concrete Lions off my pillars."

Nice neighborhood ?? :shocked:

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice neighborhood, homes worth around $500,000 (only worth $290K 3 yesrs ago when I bought) :2tu:

But, not slums by any means.

All families and tight community.

It can happen anywhere.

Howard

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At my previous house we left my wife's pearl 3000GT outside and found the word HI keyed into the fender. It really does not have much to do with the neighborhood. Even good / affluent people have kids. Those kids do bad things when in groups. It turned out to be a bunch of neighborhood kids about 14-15 years old. I was not targeted as they did it to 20+ cars. Nothing had ever happened like that in my neighborhood prior. You really can not put adult logic too it as it only takes some punk kids walking around.

MatchboxMadeMyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man when my friends and i see a nice car...we camp out next too it to ask the guy to pop open the hood.Then we say " wow nice car" and he drives away and probably says something like " creepy kids"

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Navigator got its windows smashed before I owned the Viper. I left it outisde for who knows what reason! I ended up hearing the remote page me while these guys were smashing the crap out of it, keying it etc.. I ended up chasing them down the block but they got away! Later I found out that they were some kids that ended up bragging at a high school close by! I found out where they live knocked on their door and the kid started crying and blaming the rest of them. Funny thing is I recognized him somehow when I saw him. Made him pay me my deductable ($300)....($6,100 in damage they did!) I asked him waht my name was and he said he doesn't know me so I slapped the little [******] infront of his old man and left with a worthless $300!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21