Well, that was short.

Satchmo72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 97 BW has been listed. Hate to do it since it was my dream car but some dreams are better left dreams.

It's in the classifieds. Very original car, no mods.

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale ... thats a very reasonable price. This is the exact car I was looking for when I found mine a couple weeks ago!!! ---

OP
OP
S

Satchmo72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha. I hate it when that happens. What about the platform didn't you like?

To be honest, it doesn't excite me like I thought it would. It's super fast (which is a bit of a problem when your an outside guy who needs his license to work), it is gorgeous (there is no other American made car quite like it) but I really dont like having the money ******* into something I am not in-love with. It's just not for me right now I guess. I had the opportunity to own one and I am happy for that.

Wayne64SS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hear ya. Luckily I love mine even though it has a tendency to piss me off. At least you got to say you owned one!

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was truly your dream car you wouldn't be selling it, you would be accepting of all its flaws and still driving the heck out of it. You may regret it!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Satch, Good Luck with the sale & whatever you end up getting next (hopefully you'll get a lil' better aquainted with her before making that big leap again!)

OP
OP
S

Satchmo72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Satch, Good Luck with the sale & whatever you end up getting next (hopefully you'll get a lil' better aquainted with her before making that big leap again!)

I know I have heard this a few times but it is really hard to get a feel for a car and if you will truly like it until you own it, at least not with me anyway. Its not like they are a dime a dozen.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Satch, best of luck whatever you do. I traded mine as I was never "in love" with the Viper even though it is a great car. It was never my dream car because I grew up in the 60's & 70's. I wanted a Viper because I could finally afford something exoctic and I though it was the coolest one out there (plus I have always been a MOPAR guy).

Good thing for you that you only bought one Viper before you discovered what you did. I spent a lot of money on 4 of them before I finally realized it really wasn't me.

I was always looking for the "right one" thinking the next Viper would be the best. I started with a Gen 1. Hated the windows, etc. Then a Gen 2 GTS and hated the cramped space and missed the convertible. Then on to a Gen 2 R/T 10 and hated the top. So, I bought a Gen 3 with an easy top, real windows, etc., but I felt too cramped and there was no backseat for the family and so it got very little use. Finally a recent trade for a new Challenger SRT-8. To me it combines the old muscle car looks with modern technology. We will see... I think I would rather have the money...

My only real dream car has always been the 1974 Dodge Charger SE 400 Magnum decked out with all the options (including the rare factory moonroof). The last real MOPAR muscle car of that era. I had one in HS and got hit in the side by a drunk driver. I then bought another one I kept through college and until 1993 when it just rusted out and I had no money to fix it so I sold it. Wish I had it back. I would trade my new Challenger tomorrow for a mint one of those.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
S

Satchmo72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Satch, best of luck whatever you do. I traded mine as I was never "in love" with the Viper even though it is a great car. It was never my dream car because I grew up in the 60's & 70's. I wanted a Viper because I could finally afford something exoctic and I though it was the coolest one out there (plus I have always been a MOPAR guy).

Good thing for you that you only bought one Viper before you discovered what you did. I spent a lot of money on 4 of them before I finally realized it really wasn't me.

I was always looking for the "right one" thinking the next Viper would be the best. I started with a Gen 1. Hated the windows, etc. Then a Gen 2 GTS and hated the cramped space and missed the convertible. Then on to a Gen 2 R/T 10 and hated the top. So, I bought a Gen 3 with an easy top, real windows, etc., but I felt too cramped and there was no backseat for the family and so it got very little use. Finally a recent trade for a new Challenger SRT-8. To me it combines the old muscle car looks with modern technology. We will see... I think I would rather have the money...

My only real dream car has always been the 1974 Dodge Charger SE 400 Magnum decked out with all the options (including the rare factory moonroof). The last real MOPAR muscle car of that era. I had one in HS and got hit in the side by a drunk driver. I then bought another one I kept through college and until 1993 when it just rusted out and I had no money to fix it so I sold it. Wish I had it back. I would trade my new Challenger tomorrow for a mint one of those.

Best of luck.

Thanks George, I feel ya, I grew up in the back of a 69 Charger, playing with my Dukes of Hazzard cars in the huge rear window space. I have owned a bunch of old Mopars including my dream car, a 69 Charger R/T in Q5 Bright Turquoise Metallic which I sold to help my mom get a house after my dad passed away a couple of years ago. I wish I still had that car. I didn't really have the means (cash) to buy the Viper, I took out a loan and I think that bothers me a bit. Glad to hear you are a bit closer to what works for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang