Wet trackday on Spa Francorchamp....scary

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from a very wet, but famous track in Belgium.
We had rain, hail and some sleet.

It was my first time on this track and have now experience "Eau Rouge"
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

On the pictures it's look like a slight curve, but first you go downhill, accelerating fast and then go up not seeing the way of the track. (is this all good English :confused: )
Due to the wet conditions you couldn't really push the car, but think of the Formula 1 pilots going there flat out.

There were several cars that went off, also a Ferrari 355 Spider. He had a lot of body damage at right and rear.

Hope that the next time on Spa is a dry one.

CANES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't imagine what it feels like accelerating up that almost blind turn. Must be an incredible feeling piloting your car around a track like that.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend sometimes punches his GTS up that hill... 150 mp/h and more... Damn, that's awesome. It looks frightened... And it is, actually.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah...the motherland.

What a beautiful track, isn't it ?

Part of the track is actually public road.
Used to drive there when I was young, on a bike which now could be called ancient technology :)

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yves, your bike is still slow! ;)

j/k man. Enjoying Austria?

G

One day we will race ! Sadam will call it the 'mother of all races', hehe.

Viper and R1 are collecting dust for the moment due to excessive work at the office. Next month I run them through import inspection. Had to reduce the R1's HP by 50, ouch. Damn thing was throwing huge flames upon shifting.
Viper is also back on original exhaust.
Once I get through inspection, all the aftermarket stuff will be reinstalled. What a drag...