What are OEM wheels/tires from an '05 worth?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are OEM wheels/tires from an \'05 worth?

A price that should move them in a week or two, not something to hope for.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What are OEM wheels/tires from an \'05 worth?

2200 to 2600 seems to be the norm for a quick sale. hold out for 3000 and you will be ****** in the wind.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2200 to 2600 seems to be the norm for a quick sale. hold out for 3000 and you will be ****** in the wind.

Yeah, this coming from a guy who bought a set for 1300. ****...

I'll buy 'em for 1800 since Zen stole my last set... grrrr zen. :D

Jon

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

jon, you should be out watching fireworks at navy pier....or the W hotel....I have had many fortunate nights at the W....great views

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had them on ebay for 2 weeks. Had 3 different people wanting to buy them at $3000.00.

They had just over 1000 miles on them.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had them on ebay for 2 weeks. Had 3 different people wanting to buy them at $3000.00.

They had just over 1000 miles on them.

Great, can you show us the listing (link), where you got $3000 for them please.

Thanks.

Jon

PS. Or any other listing, where Stock 03-05 rims SOLD for $3,000. Thx.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you want to see how I advertised them? Here is the listing number - 8032091727.

I had the reserve at $3000.00. After the auction ended I had three different people that still wanted them. so they actually sold outside of ebay...no fees was a bonus.

If I were to do it again, I think I wouldn't have set a reserve price and just started the auction at $2750.00.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you want to see how I advertised them? Here is the listing number - 8032091727.

I had the reserve at $3000.00. After the auction ended I had three different people that still wanted them. so they actually sold outside of ebay...no fees was a bonus.

If I were to do it again, I think I wouldn't have set a reserve price and just started the auction at $2750.00.

Kinda my point, I have never seen any sell quickly on ebay for that amount, also please note this is 6 months old. Those wheels have now been sunset by the new offerings for the 06 cars. I had trouble believing 6 months ago they would have sold for 3k (which this listing confirms, as high bid only went to 2550) and now 6 months later, and better wheel offerings, I definetly dont see it going up to $3000 and zen had just sold a set, zen give us your link, thats FAR more telling.

Thanks for the link, im not beating you up, just know i haven't seen any sell on ebay for anything close to 3k. At 3k you could have a great set of Brand NEW Side Winders or the like. Ok rant over, good luck with the sale (guy above)

Thanks.

Jon

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

call Jon at Parts Rack and ask him how much for a reconditioned set and then sell them on ebay

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NO NO Robbie, :eek:

This is exactly why anyone would feel used in the parts business. I speak from experience, I've been there!! :curse:

I used to just love doing all the tech and design of air compressor systems, abrasive and cutting tool specs - giving out great info and then having this done to me. What a good guy I was. There has to be a cost associated with R & D, knowledge, experience and information. Service should not be asked for then used not for the benefit of the person offering and possibly even in competition of. What happens here is a less expensive similar product that is sold before the guy that's got an investment in inventory and a business that must turn a profit to exist.

Dammmm... Sorry about the rant. I am such a small business man. Still shows, huh? Guess I'm the Putz this time. :crazy:

Larry

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Larry, you are quite correct. I get the same thing all day long from my contractor tool business. People call me up to see what I feel is the best generator and I discuss at length and give them a price. Then they run down to Home Depot and buy it $5.00 cheaper. But guess where they go for service? Me. Why? Because I took the time to help them decide which model is best. I make more money on service than you will ever make on the sale of a new generator. Home Depot and Lowes sells at cost and gets a rebate at the end of the year so there is no way I can sell a new generator and make a profit, even with a 5% mark up. But as I said before I just got myself a new customer who will come back to me to service all of his contractor equipment. Jon should do the same. By RedGTS calling Jon and asking him what a used set sells for, Jon has the opertunity to help him and, if he is nice on the phone, Jon will have a new customer who will return to spend the money he made on those used tires and wheels.

It works for me all the time. I decided a long time ago not to fight against the Big Box Stores but to work with them. Now they hand out my cards to their tool and OPE buyers and tell them to come to me for service.

All because I took the time to help a new customer decide on what tool is best for him, even though I know he will not buy from him.

Now I will say: Dammmm... Sorry about the rant. I am such a small business man. Still shows, huh? Guess I'm, ( Robbie ) the Putz this time.

Robbie

OP
OP
R

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

By RedGTS calling Jon and asking him what a used set sells for, Jon has the opertunity to help him and, if he is nice on the phone, Jon will have a new customer who will return to spend the money he made on those used tires and wheels.

You're giving advice premised on Jon being nice on the phone?? :eek: You must have missed the man-o-pause thread a week or two ago. BTW, I'm a long-time customer of Jon's, and while I feel sure he would give me some feedback, I respect how busy he is and didn't want to bother him with it when I could get good info here as well.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

There will be a big variance in price, as pristine ones could go fairly high. The problem with most is that they seem to have curb scuffs or scratches, and no one seems to be able to match the clearcoat. Therefore if you repair one , you need to refinish the other one on that side of the car to make sure at least those two match.

Just my humble opinion. Ones we sold were new take offs, and had new tires already mounted and they have all flown out of here when we had them.

Tipsy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Sold mine on Ebay about a year ago, new with tires 4or 5000 can't remember. I think they were bought by a shop who used them in an insurance repair.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang