What are Paxton Vipers running in the 1/4?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the alley I read that an 850+ TT on drag radials went a whooping 10.5@ 140mph, compared to my 10.5@139mph Roe (with only 720rwhp) on stock tires.

So a "stock Paxton" (making between 540 and 600rwhp?) can go 10.4 on street tires? Wow!

Dynos show peak power, not "average hp". They show hp produced in milliseconds, not power required to go through the quarter mile. Roes and Paxtons are not equal. Since the Paxton's and Turbo's only make significant hp at high rpms they obviously need to make MORE power to be equal to a Roe which makes power all the way throughout the rpm range.

Ted

No matter what, if you have a Gen 3 , your ONLY Supercharger choice is a Paxton. NO ROE!!!! You spend more time in the Gen 3 forum boasting about your Gen2 Roe. Apples/oranges. We dont have choice of a Roe as of now or the last year that you have been bragging about a Roe. When you own a Gen 3 and have something useful to add that is relevant, Im sure more people may listen. Right now your full of it....

Jon ran a 10.9 with just Stock Basic paxton kit and a corsa exhaust, I dont think he even had it tuned. I beleive he was on DR tires. And it was I think his first time to track with that setup. So YES, someone can get a Paxton and there gen 3 and go run 10's,maybe even mid 10's depending on driver and track.

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MikeR - pretty interesting that this guy have been bragging about what his car can do (or did) for a year now. I guess some people get instant gratification under someone else's limelight. Considering he boasted about his 3 National events, and built 6 second race cars, I'm sure he knows about the obvious things you pointed out (i.e. driver, track conditions, etc.).

KenricGTS - sorry your thread got derailed a bit... Since you asked for "highly modded with the Paxton turned way up", I'm sure UGR has at least a few in the 9's, as they claim the record of the fastest supercharged Viper (9.20). Dan Cragin (DC Performance) also has at least a couple that I know, and if I'm not mistaken, Viper X on this board has a Gen 3 Viper with a Paxton set up in the 9's.

Last edited:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 cents (maybe a dime after how much I rant)

1st I just think RTTTTed has short cop syndrom or something ... WHO GIVES A PHU CK ?? Roe's arent that great, not that I think Paxtons' are either, but damn.. Roe's arent the end all.. I have driven BOTH and I sure as hell dont want another 100 lbs on the front of my viper, paxtons way 1/2 as much. You know what.. I'll stop this part of the rant, because WHO GIVES A SHEET. Go back to gen 2 and live it up over there, I dont think many gen 3 guys care about the Roe/Gen2 thing.. its OLD news.. played out.. Stop being a short cop trying to prove your just as good as the non vertically challenged people.

2nd Kendrick would kick your "what if" vipers ass with his cars. So this rant aobut "what if I put nitrous on, jets 1 or 2", what if.... WHO THE F CARES.... do it or **** .... god you really anoy the sheet out of me with your retard sheet.

3rd So you brag about times YOU DIDNT PULL?? *** IS THAT ?? Its not only the car, its the driver. Its a set.. so your car CANT do that on its OWN.. it needs a driver, and if you werent the one who piloted it to that number, then stop saying the car can, UNLESS you say.. car can do this WITH this driver.. I only brag about MY numbers.. the ones I CLICKED OFF.

4TH You're whoop'd do drag car... we care why again??? And I notice you say NOTHING about YOU being the one who piloted it to that 6 second run.... why is that?? becasue once again, your bragging about SOMEONE elses ability to drive.. not yours...

5th, just **** and get outta the gen 3 forum.. no one gives a sheet about your rant. You have said it long enough and loud enough, who ever could have possibly cared has heard it by now, and I can assure you, the majority of us DO NOT CARE.. and are actually quite tired of hearing it.

Jon

PS. Mike, you nailed it. The car was untuned (is now tuned), stock paxton kit (not a single modification from the stock kit), high flow cats and corsa cat back, and drag radials. It was my FIRST time ever at the track with Drag radials and the new exhaust system. So yeah, I was pretty happy with breakin into the 10s...... AS ME AS THE DRIVER !!

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My best passes have been 11.2's@127-129

Paxton and Corsa Exhaust are my only two mods.

Jason

who did your paxton? is it the tuning that comes directly from paxton or did someone do a custom tune?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 cents (maybe a dime after how much I rant)

1st I just think RTTTTed has short cop syndrom or something ... WHO GIVES A PHU CK ?? Roe's arent that great, not that I think Paxtons' are either, but damn.. Roe's arent the end all.. I have driven BOTH and I sure as hell dont want another 100 lbs on the front of my viper, paxtons way 1/2 as much. You know what.. I'll stop this part of the rant, because WHO GIVES A SHEET. Go back to gen 2 and live it up over there, I dont think many gen 3 guys care about the Roe/Gen2 thing.. its OLD news.. played out.. Stop being a short cop trying to prove your just as good as the non vertically challenged people.

2nd Kendrick would kick your "what if" vipers ass with his cars. So this rant aobut "what if I put nitrous on, jets 1 or 2", what if.... WHO THE F CARES.... do it or **** .... god you really anoy the sheet out of me with your retard sheet.

3rd So you brag about times YOU DIDNT PULL?? *** IS THAT ?? Its not only the car, its the driver. Its a set.. so your car CANT do that on its OWN.. it needs a driver, and if you werent the one who piloted it to that number, then stop saying the car can, UNLESS you say.. car can do this WITH this driver.. I only brag about MY numbers.. the ones I CLICKED OFF.

4TH You're whoop'd do drag car... we care why again??? And I notice you say NOTHING about YOU being the one who piloted it to that 6 second run.... why is that?? becasue once again, your bragging about SOMEONE elses ability to drive.. not yours...

5th, just **** and get outta the gen 3 forum.. no one gives a sheet about your rant. You have said it long enough and loud enough, who ever could have possibly cared has heard it by now, and I can assure you, the majority of us DO NOT CARE.. and are actually quite tired of hearing it.

Jon

PS. Mike, you nailed it. The car was untuned (is now tuned), stock paxton kit (not a single modification from the stock kit), high flow cats and corsa cat back, and drag radials. It was my FIRST time ever at the track with Drag radials and the new exhaust system. So yeah, I was pretty happy with breakin into the 10s...... AS ME AS THE DRIVER !!

DAMN jon, you said it much better than i did.... :)

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, What rpm did you shift at on that 10sec run? I have the same set up as you except I just put a tune in from DC per and it runs alot better. I used the SCT flash tuner I love the SCT used it on my GT as well so easy. Also what tire pressure did you run in the run craps? Thanks man I just want to try and get her to run faster in the 1/4 when i go. I am a mile high so I need anything I can do. A 10 sec pass up here is like 9 sec pass at sea level, so if I can get her in the mid 11s up here I'd be happy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960