What are stock brake parts worth?

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the factory brake parts from my 2000 GTS. I got the parts with the car when I picked it up last month. They were removed from the car at about 5,000 miles. The parts include rotors front and rear. Front Brembo calipers with pads, hoses, and bolts. They are taking up room. I would like to see someone get use out of them.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure they're worth a whole lot in the Viper-world.....most folks with brake hardware issues will take the opportunity to upgrade. However, they might make nice pieces for someone building a classic/hotrod....you never know. Sorry, I have no idea what they might go for.....eBay will let you know what kind of a market there is out there for the pieces though.

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those calipers were really expensive to buy new and once upon a time many people kept a spare set if they could find them reasonable (I still have a spare set). They once would have easily been $250-300 for the calipers if in good shape, don't know about current environment. Might touch base with Jon B, he sells a lot of used parts and might also be interested in them.

Despite all the hate, pre-ABS brakes can be pretty decent with a few simple mods, SS lines, some cooling, different pads, remove O-ring from proportioning valve......

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The one thing you did not mention was what was done to your brake system , and whether it could be taken back to stock. It may be beneficial to keep the parts for the next individual if it can be returned to factory specs.

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I have learned with my new viper is...anything we have to sell is not worth much but if you need to buy something it's worth 300% more than normal. What the hell is wrong with this picture. I asked about the driver side weather seal on my 2k RT/10 and Chuck Tator told me it was like 388.00 dollars. I had to go take a second look at it to see how hard I was being *****.

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing you did not mention was what was done to your brake system , and whether it could be taken back to stock. It may be beneficial to keep the parts for the next individual if it can be returned to factory specs.

My car has a full stop tech brake kit on it. The only thing left from the stock brakes is the rear calipers ( used for parking brake ). As far as being able to be put back to stock" for the next individual". Thats not gonna happen. This car has made it's last stop. Someone would have to pry it from my cold dead hands. :D :drive:

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK guys. I've had a few PM's from different members about the parts. The mods have asked me to put an add in the classifieds. So I'm going to take some pics and make an ad.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fully understand and that is a great system, and you are right about not going back. Had that system on my 2000 GTS and it was phenomenal -- even better after we added a full brake ducting system.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can't unload them let me know, but $600 is waaaay out of the question.

Thanks for the reply Chuck. I changed the price. I was waiting for price input. Price is $500 this includes shipping to the lower 48 states. I'm figuring about $100 is going to be shipping cost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery