what are the best sill protectors??

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking of getting the stainless steel sill protectors but wanted to make sure they don't do more damage than good? anyone have any experience with these?:)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a carbon fiber set for my GEN IV. As far as damage goes I don't think they will do much if anything.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking of getting the stainless steel sill protectors but wanted to make sure they don't do more damage than good? anyone have any experience with these?:)
If you decide to go with CF splash guards, let me know since I will be letting mine go in about a month. What are those steel protectors?

OP
OP

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im talking sill protectors when you get in and out of the car?? So you don't scuff up the sills.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with that part of the sill, it is more towards the exterior of the car where i hit my feet, the part the covers the exhaust.

I'd put clearbra on it, but i assume it would just melt off.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im talking sill protectors when you get in and out of the car?? So you don't scuff up the sills.
Oh, got you now. Personally, I would not bother since at least for me, the area that is a concern is the one on the outer edge of the sill, not the area this part covers.

OP
OP

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what outer area?? are u talking behind the fr wheel?

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put those SS sill protectors on mine plus used clear bra (Xpel Ultimate) on what was left of the sill. Works perfect, now I never have to worry about my wife or son scratching things when the get in/out.

F

FrgMstr

Bought the stainless and had those powder coated flat black locally. They are still in like new condition. I have 3M on the side sills and man do those things take a lot of abuse. Getting close to being time to change it out those have gotten so beat up. But my car is not babied at all so that has something to do with it as well.

You must be registered for see images

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is, the damage often occurs on the area unprotected by these covers. I have these covers on my car and they look great, but I am not sure they provide protection on an area that you are looking for.

F

FrgMstr

FrgMstr, how has the clearbra held up with how hot the sill gets?

The 3M clear bra was put on by the previous owner in 2008 and it has held up very well. I do not think heat has been an issue at all; no discoloration or adhesion issues.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is, the damage often occurs on the area unprotected by these covers. I have these covers on my car and they look great, but I am not sure they provide protection on an area that you are looking for.
Yup, this is exactly what I was saying. The areas these protectors cover is the least of the worries for anyone getting in and out of a Viper.

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has the clear bra there as well. Can see obvious scuffs in it but nothing got to the paint

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I see what you mean.
Thanks. I was just stating my experience from Viper and Corvette. If you like the looks, then do it for looks, if you want protection, you can put clear guard over the edge of the sil (although if this gets scuffed, you have to replace it)l or watch your feet and watch over others getting in and out of your car. My rule of thumb is high heels are a no no in my cars for female passengers. :D

OP
OP

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High heels are always welcome in my cars...Or o well. yea Ilike them

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've learned in the short month owning my Viper that if I want to keep the sills of my car safe, I have to help my wife in and out of the car!

I tell her it is being a gentleman, but I have my own selfish reasons ;)

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are the ones I have for my Gen 4. Solid CF without the Viper letters though. They look and fit great. Just cannot remember where I got them from 2 years ago.
I believe Vipair is the only seller of these things...

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The carbon fiber are from Vipair, I painted the viper logo red.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32