What are the differences?????

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1. '03 and '04 come with a 7/70 factory Powertrain warranty

The engine internals may be slightly different but I'm not too sure about that.

What did the 05s and 06s come with then? That is a shocking. I had no idea about this one.
Standard Chrysler/Dodge 3/36 warranty.
:(

This was an incentive for all Chrysler vehicles when sales started to slump in early 2002. The program ended after the 2004 model year. GM is currently running a simliar program for its vehicles except the Z06. :p

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow. That is amazing. I can not believe they did not have 7yr 70K mile warranties. Just a bumper to bumper. No wonder why the prices went down on 05s and 06s.

Nor does any 2005 model year Chrysler vehicle. I know because I have two of them. :(

OP
OP
D

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was Bill Pemberton who pointed out that there are many systems, over and above the powertrain, which could fail. I agreed and purchased a 7/70 Maxicare warranty from DC. One problem with the AC could easily offset the cost of the warranty. I found that out with my '94

Don

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. '03 and '04 come with a 7/70 factory Powertrain warranty

The engine internals may be slightly different but I'm not too sure about that.

What did the 05s and 06s come with then? That is a shocking. I had no idea about this one.
Standard Chrysler/Dodge 3/36 warranty.
:(

This was an incentive for all Chrysler vehicles when sales started to slump in early 2002. The program ended after the 2004 model year. GM is currently running a simliar program for its vehicles except the Z06. :p

Not to hijack this thread but... the 07 Z06 is included in the 5/100 warranty GM is offering.