What Companys Have The Best Mods-No Bull?

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my opinion

1)Air Filters - Roe Racing or Parts rack
2)Smooth Tubes - Roe Racing or parts Rack
3)Air Box - don't know? Hennessey or parts rack? if driving in the rain make sure it has a rain baffle
4)Throttle Bodys - waste of $$??
5)Headers - Belanger
6)Exhaust - Corsa 3"
7)Cats - take them off if no emissions check and get rear o2 sims
8)Gears - don't know
9)Rollers & Engine Upgrades - don't know
10)Twin Turbo (No NOS Please) - Forget all of the above just get this or get a supercharger from Doug Levin for less $$
11)Body & Wing Work - Hennessey aero front & wing look nice to me but don't know about functionality. there are various other wings/spliters but I don't like the appearance
12) lets not forget the MGW accessories they are very nice

Reaction score
There are a lot of good tuners and engine packages. When you say the best based on what? Race results? There is only one choice Caldwell! Warranty, sorry no warranty! Big HP, it is up to your wallet size! If CDI is your choice, you will need to work with a tuner to pull and install and tune your motor. Tuning can be a problem for the small shops. Make sure you work with someone who can provide a working final product. Dan Cragin is an example of a tuner, who is relatively close to CDI and Dan has worked with Caldwell to provide customers with a CDI solution.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bone Stock,
Please, Please, Please do your homework. I believe talking to John Hennessey the marketer is a bad idea. Look on this board for Negative experiences with HMS. I have seen first hand his poor customer service, poor quality of workmanship, and deception through the sale of used and repackaged parts. If you would ever like to talk person to person, email me so we can find a convenient time.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BONE STOCK,

With a closed mind towards NOS your wallet and your car will be in the boneyard trying to outperform a BTR 750SS.

Open your mind, and close your wallet with the savings that we offer, not to mention guaranteed performance and turnaround times with regards to installations. We also offer an industry leading 550 hp naturally aspirated package for under $ 13,000.00 INSTALLED AND INCLUDING FREE PICKUP AND DELIVERY.

One small note about airboxes and the such. There isn't 5 hp between smooth tubes the carbon fibre box(1200.00!!)and our MAX FLOW INTAKE. All of the 9 second vipers on the planet use and I will quote "hot air induction" AND NITROUS. For the best looking induction system in the industry(and yes its proven to perform), take a look at ours.

Thanks again for your consideration, and good luck with your search.

Tom,
Http://btrviper.com

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

Quick correction - Albert, who by all accounts has the best MPH performing quarter mile Viper, uses the Hennessey Carbon Fibre Airbox. Maybe the fact that he turns high nines and can run 143 is indicitive that the HMS Box provides more benefit than just RWHP.

All this talk about tuners really is silly. The all offer a great product:
HMS
TNT
Doug Levin
SVSi
Lingenfelter
Modern Performance
Dan Cragin
BTR
CDI
Archer
Apex
Heffner Performance
Performance Motorsports

They all can get you 550 at the tires. Just determine your spending threshold, and then shop.

Happy Motoring.....

Regards,

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personal Opinion - Tom Welch delivers what he promises and then backs it up with tech support afterwards. Another great resource is Sean Roe. He also delivers and supports his products.

Not engine related, however, if you haven't talked to John Purner (wheels/tires), your are missing a great source of viper related handling info.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin,

Thanks for your reply but i have to correct you......Doug Levin has the fastest 1/4 mile MPH for a viper at 150+(I saw it run 150 with my own eyes.

Also, strong rumor has it that Albert has cracked the carbon fibre airboxes and uses cone filters. Maybe he can speak to this himself.

Best of luck,

Tom

Reaction score
Hi Martin and Tom,

Quick update; I'm hoping we resolved our clutch issue that has haunted us repeatedly in attempt to run any decent ET. I haven't had a chance to run full tilt yet (clutch woe's). Launching under 2,000 rpm's has been uneventful thus far. We don't rely on just engine rpm to launch, boost is our goal. Without boosting out of the hole, ET has been a limiting factor.

We had another custom built clutch made this week and I'm only hoping this will be a resolution to our "Achilles Tendon."

Also, I have seen the HMS air box and appears of very good quality and construction. Although the air box is too nice to use with HIGH doses of nitrous oxide. Any experienced racer utilizing big nitrous systems can tell you first hand what happens with a nitrous backfire, the air box is disintegrated and your back to square one. This is why the cone filters suffice for big nitrous applications. Once again, I'm not devaluating the HMS air box, it's just too nice to sacrifice.

Good luck to all of you in your quest for better performance.
Regards,
Doug
smile.gif

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I stand corrected...Although, I did know about Doug's ability to turn 150 Plus. I was actually referring to the Texas clan. Also, when I considered adding Albert's NX system, one of the draw backs was actually detonating my Carbon Fibre Intake. I felt it was too much of a risk.....

Sorry Doug for not giving you credit when it was due....

Regards,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang