What DLM 1000HP GEN-1 Looks like (Pics)...

Speedstyle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first time I "Boosted" was entering a HWY on-ramp. I had a clear shot, gave it half throttle, heard the engine "whoosh" sound stop (waste-gate closing),
I dont know, the waste-gate closing makes me think it's a turbo :confused: Did you mean blow off valve?? Looks like a sc but who knows anymore :p

The model of supercharger they used and a turbo look exactly the same. The only difference is how they are powered, a turbo by exhaust gas, while the supercharger is powered by the engine belt itself. They both need wastegates to control all that psi that gets bottled up when you are on/off the gas. If you didn't have one you would get some pretty cool explosions hehe.

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the Fuel Cell in the trunk (needs cleaning and painting). Also, there's a picture of the largest Intercooler you'll see for a Viper. That's one way DLM gets so much power (Supercharger). The Fuel Cell actually runs the four supplemental injectors during boost, in addition to the regular injectors. The main Viper fuel tank is unchanged. The main tank runs 100 oct and the fuel cell runs 104.

You must be registered for see images

PatrickG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Speedstyle

This looks awesome !

>They both need wastegates
Is this realy called "wastgate" with a SC? I thought the 'term' waste gate is only used for turbo to bybass exhaust gases when the pressure is reached.

Maybe we talk about a pop-off vlauve that opens at a certain level of boost?

A Blow-Off Valve (BOV) does not regulate pressure, it does prevent turbo surge because of sudden "backpressure" when you let off. (Pressure DIFFERENCE)

CheerZ
GnaeX

(the one with a BOV in his Volvo :))

Speedstyle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well im not an expert on terms. I was just saying that some valve is required to release pressure which will make the standard "whoooosh" noise when the air is released like a bov on a turbo.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there's a picture of the largest Intercooler you'll see for a Viper.

Don’t mean to burst your bubble, but i think Heffner’s intercooler is larger then the pictured intercooler.
Beautiful work/car, enjoy.

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
DonÕt mean to burst your bubble, but i think HeffnerÕs intercooler is larger then the pictured intercooler.

You may be right. However, keep in mind that this one is very thick. It's so thick that DLM had to completely rebuild the support structure for the front facia of the car. It even required a custom hood release. There are wider ones, but surface area and volumn count too. I don't think a bigger one would fit. If so, I'll take it!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the Fuel Cell in the trunk (needs cleaning and painting). Also, there's a picture of the largest Intercooler you'll see for a Viper. That's one way DLM gets so much power (Supercharger). The Fuel Cell actually runs the four supplemental injectors during boost, in addition to the regular injectors. The main Viper fuel tank is unchanged. The main tank runs 100 oct and the fuel cell runs 104.

Interesting. So these dyno #'s were on 100/104 octane. I am sure the high octane is the safe route to minimize the chance for detonation. Gary's car made 3 less RWHP on 93 pump gas. Also That is a very nice intercooler but it is definitely not the biggest one out there. Heffner's big intercooler takes up almost the whole opening in the stock front fascia. Maybe there is not as much room in the gen-1's for an intercooler. It obviously does the job since you can make those power #'s so I would not worry about the size.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't about giving people breaks. It's about information man! *chuckle*
By the way, the lights on my car are brighter than yours. *smirk*

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya'.. Note that it's a Gen I also, I think they start out at 360 RWHP? An extra 500 rwhp never hurts.. on boost alone.! :laugh:

Congrats Executron, awesome car! What were your first driving impressions!? I would have also opted for the fuel cell, that's the way to go...

Gerald

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My intercooler is bigger than yours. You run more octane than me. Wah, whah, who cares? Give the guy a break. He is happy with his car and it makes a lot of power.

Maybe the intercooler and octane shootout can happen at Bowling Green in a few weeks.

Jim

Jim, Maybe you should worry about yourself and your Gen-3 heads flow #'s posts. I am just naturally curious about how all the different cars are done to make the HP. If you look at my responses to this thread, I have done nothing but praise Executron's car and Doug Levin's work. Don't do yourself the dis-service of trying to start something here. This is a message board: People post things here to share and process information=> I hope that is alright with you. If you have anything else to say to me please email me instead of posting s#!@ on this board!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! How's the driving? Can't wait to experience what it's like to BOOST! Congrats and enjoy! Please, feel free to let us know about some nice Bike kills when you find them at the same track! :D

Can you fit a parachute in the trunk next to the Fuel Cell!!?? You'll need one now!! :p

:usa: :usa:

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Un-friggin real! Exec, great website. You have to be a very sick person to take that HP on the street! :cool: :cool: :cool: And I thought I had an obsessive compulsive disorder but seems like everyone here on this board is just like me. Too much is not enough!! Keep going, don't stop!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought that me and my Gen 1 were in huge disadvantage being a older Viper. Thanks for keeping the flag high for us Gen 1 guys.

Awesome motor (and car)!!! I will be definately checking into boosting my old "tired, 400HP" snake.

Meanwhile, I'll have to clean the slobber off my keyboard..

Lauri

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Un-friggin real! Exec, great website. You have to be a very sick person to take that HP on the street! :cool: :cool: :cool: And I thought I had an obsessive compulsive disorder but seems like everyone here on this board is just like me. Too much is not enough!! Keep going, don't stop!

Executron, I would have to second that your website is as unbelievable as your car. From the pictures, it looks like you will be DRIVING your car which is the only way to go! I am hoping I will be able to road course my car with the supercharger like I did before in the NA mode. Good luck and congratulations once again!

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks so much to you all!

As for the Intercooler, It looks like it's not the biggest. Sorry about that! I should have checked before spouting that off, as I was taking someone else's word on it. That's what's good about this board. There are plenty of checks and balances by people far more knowledgeable than me. I would have been very embarrassed it I stated that at a car show and a guy with obviously a bigger one parked next to me. Most of what I know has come from this board, and I'm thankful for it. I believe in accuracy (a computer thing), and I'm never offended if I get corrected. I'm only sorry that I was wrong in the first place. :crazy:

Thanks again!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exec...

No apologies necessary from this side of the fence. I enjoy your posts while my car is still being worked on....keep 'em coming.

CStegall

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im amazed to see more power in your car. But why do people think you have to run race gas in it to make the power? Race gas is not a requirement only a safety margin on higher horsepower cars. ive spoken to Doug many times about running race fuel and he says you dont necessarily need it but its good insurance. beautiful car!!!!

Max

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im amazed to see more power in your car. But why do people think you have to run race gas in it to make the power? Race gas is not a requirement only a safety margin on higher horsepower cars. ive spoken to Doug many times about running race fuel and he says you dont necessarily need it but its good insurance. beautiful car!!!!

Max

Agreed! I also have a fuel cell as an option.. I've also, for the heck of it ran everyday pump gas in the fuel said. Like you said, you don't need it, but the insurance is great... When your running that much HP and tuning is the issue, bad gas could cause detonation or should I say, WILL cause detonation.

Gerald

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I also have a fuel cell as an option.. I've also, for the heck of it ran everyday pump gas in the fuel said. Like you said, you don't need it, but the insurance is great... When your running that much HP and tuning is the issue, bad gas could cause detonation or should I say, WILL cause detonation.

Gerald

[/QUOTE]my point exactly you never know what you get with pump gas. it could be any octane or just bad stuff. i dont run race fuel in my car but i dont have the bigger packages you guys have. but not yet :) :) .

Max

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a question about that awesome setup! How do you know each side is getting equal amount of PSI's? Maybe this is a question for Doug.

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent to see the Gen I cars making some big power :eek: You guys are making more power than my little 'ole Gen II but NOT for long :) .
We'll see who makes more power this time around when Doug gives mine a little tune up :) :) .

Keep up the great work Doug!

Cheers,
Chuck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajya