What Do The Tri State Guys Think Of A Skiing Trip??

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this? I was reading the VCA Magazine and see some regions are REALLY REALLY active. What do you guys think about a possible skiing trip? Overnight? Day trip? Of course no need for the Viper's but a group trip would be nice. Let me know the opinions.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea but me personal have no interest in sking. The guys in the club are fun to be around and I'M sure it will be a great time. Adrian

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting idea.

Keith, do you want to work on this? Being a former ski instructor, I'd be interested and be happy to assist.

We would need to determine whether we want a day trip or weekend trip and that determination would like be based on the number of members that might participate. Off the cuff, I think we'd generate more interest in a day trip.

Anyway, let me know if you'd like to lead on this and I'll help.... along with Downhill Byrd :D

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be interested. My 10-year old skis are antiques in comparison to modern shaped skis. And we can keep the need for speed alive by drag racing from summit to base! :D City, how about some bump tips? :D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think a day at hunter would be great. get there in the AM have lunch in the afternoon (that restaurant skeeter too us too at last years woodstock cruise) and there is also a bar up there for drinks. i dont think i can deal with TIger for a whole weekend :0

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like it would be fun. Ya'll should come out west my way for a good mountain though!

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could use some assistance on this one but I really would like to get this trip on. What dates are good? I know we are way in advance but lets throw some of them around? Day trip seems to be more interesting for people, but who would definitly be in?

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My two cents on Hunter:

Timing and place okay, but if we are going to go through all the hassel of going, we want to maximize our skiing for the day. We leave early! Who ever needs to rent, do so elsewhere and just have the stuff ready when we get up there. All we want to do when we get there is get the lift tickets, maybe have some quick coffee and hit the slopes. We get in a couple of hours, which with those lines will be only a few runs, we stop somewhere on the mountian and grab lunch, and it will be amazing if we are all together since we are all at different ability levels. Then back to the slopes till about 3:30 - 4 and back to the cars. I am sure some will wrap it up about 2:30 - 3. We could plan a dinner on the way back. Get out of town and then stop somewhere.

Andrew

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang