What do Viper owners think of these cars?

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of these cars are my favourites. I dunno if they're going to be liked here, but ahh well, I'm just curious. Some're from cardomain, some aren't

You must be registered for see images

(Not the best year of HP, but by far, one of best looking cars ever made, IMMHO.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I owned 1994 and 1996 F-body Pontiacs. Not too bad. Kind of like a poor man’s Vette back then. The 94 was totaled in the 1995 flood in New Orleans. Anyone living in New Orleans in May of 1995 remembers that one. 18” of rain in 3 hours!!

What’s with those hash marks on that Vette. Never could figure that out. Looks like someone spilled paint of it.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hash marks go back to the early 60's on the vette.

I like the cars too, but why are they here on the Gen III site?

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hash marks were used to tell 3 identical race cars apart (1, 2 and 3). Number 2 won and they put two hash marks on those Grand Sports to commemorate.

Love the last one.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think u need a mullet to drive those cars

No kidding, you would think with the type of people who buy vipers an 87' Iroc just wouldn't fit in. Next they are gonna break out sleveless denim jackets, some purple oakley M frames and put something up on cinder blocks in the front yard.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of the boxy years, 80s.

From a former Pontiac fanatic's point of view, the 1980 TA pretty much put a period to a painful demise of Pontiac. The late 90s looked like they brought some style back, but sigh, still no big cube Pontiac motor.

The old SS Chevelle was a great ride. Those were the years GM could do no wrong.

The new Mustang is a great looking car.

Why ask? Looking to buy?

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The hash marks were used to tell 3 identical race cars apart (1, 2 and 3). Number 2 won and they put two hash marks on those Grand Sports to commemorate.

Love the last one.

Hmmm...I guess actual numbers would have been too complex.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like anything with some power that can pin you to your seat.

and still have enough cubic inches for some healthy mods.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, I had a T/A a long time ago, but you have to go with ViperSRT10's comment:

" Ya gotta have a mullet to drive these cars. "

I am still laughing while I am typing -----------GREAT LINE!! :headbang:

Jim Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind an '88 monte carlo SS. Drop a big-block in it.

only problem is that 'round these parts, that car is popular with the wannabes. Someone would probably boost it within a month.

Tipsy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do I have to be the only dissenter? Or AM I the only one, don't like any of them, glad to see them gone. Sorry.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I have to be the only dissenter? Or AM I the only one, don't like any of them, glad to see them gone. Sorry.

I wouldn't agree with you the Trans Am is a classic for sure at least in my eyes...On another topic do you have startach wheels on your car? Looks bad ass!

Tipsy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea those are Startechs. They are pretty nice, but also pretty expensive. My only complaint with them ( or the second complaint actually)is that the rears are a little too wide for the 345 tires causing the sidewalls to angle back toward the tread, while the fronts are nice and vertical. It bothered me somewhat, especially the asymmetry between front and rear. Oh well.

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really impressed with everyone's reaction!

I expected everyone to in a way, forget where they came from owning such a nice car like a Viper!

I didn't think the 81 T/A would be a big hitter, but it was.

Wow...

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, worst pic on the thread for me is the SRT with Startechs, the ugliest, most derogatory performance wheel to ever inflict Viper. Nothing like spending 8-10k to have your car look and perform worse than stock.

Of course it is only an opinion. I still think that Chevelle is the best looking car.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, worst pic on the thread for me is the SRT with Startechs, the ugliest, most derogatory performance wheel to ever inflict Viper. Nothing like spending 8-10k to have your car look and perform worse than stock.

Of course it is only an opinion. I still think that Chevelle is the best looking car.

Gotta agree with that!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang