What do you guys think?

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dodge was totally unprofessional for selling a 80,000 dollar car with no floor mats, and no trunk liner! It's like they were saying," "Guy's were all out of money, can you spot us some were getting a little light," My dealership picked up the tab though :)

Winners Dodge, WOODHAVEN MI.

ps: Anybody else up for a comment on this stupid issue.

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Come on DC, floor mats and a trunk liner are things that really ought to just be there when we buy an expensive car. Heck, that sort of thing ought to be included even on a $15,000 econobox.

If you have to raise the sticker price by $100 to cover the $15 cost of the mats, then do it. But it is a bit insulting to, in effect, say "Thanks for spending $80k to buy our halo car...now cough up another 100 bucks for floor mats. And you want your trunk to look like we actually finished building your car before delivering it to you? Well, that'll be another $250 for the trunk liner."

Man, I love the car. But things like this are very annoying. Though, for what it is worth fellow Viper owners, DC isn't any worse on this than everyone else. My $55k Lexus didn't come with floor mats, either. How about the Porsche TT? Any TT owners out there care to let us know?

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar mats **** get after market. Trunk liner is nice not everyone wants it. They did make it available to you. Get Over it. And the 04`s come with the trunk mat and they paid more than you did to get it.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mats are optional on lots of cars. And DC knows that most of us don't even want the stock mats, they ****. So they are doing us a favor by NOT charging us for them. And believe it or not some people don't want trunk carpeting. Everything they did on this car came from interviews with Viper owners at VOI's. So we have only ourselves to blame.

OP
OP
G

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a big inconvience for alot of 03 buyers to see the big tube of fiberglass when they opened the deck lid and then listening the salesmen that the liner wasn't included and you can see our partscounterman for additional information. Im done.

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my new 01 delivered to my house a few weeks back. First thing I did was call the dealership and inquire about the missing floor mats...

Toddh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think saying the factory mats "****" is much of an excuse for Dodge to not include them. In fact, it only makes it more distasteful that they want to [over]charge extra for a "cheap" item.

The better argument is that (1) on a $90K car (that's the sticker, plus sales tax, plus luxury tax) floor mats should not be an "option" and come with the vehicle, and (2) the mats that come with the car should be nice. My dealer included them for free out of fear that I would rip them after finding out they didn't come with the car (and I would have ******* loudly about it, too).

The trunk mat is a bit of a different issue, IMO. I don't use my trunk for much of anything except for holding paper towels in case I spill fuel on the fender or something. But maybe that's just me.

Btw, ABADASP, that's a hella nice pic of the 3 silver snakes. One day maybe I'll figure out how to get my avatar pic that I took the day I brought the car home to work right!