What doe you guys/ gals think of this Wideband O2 kit? Looks nice!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently ordered it. There are several folks who use it. It looks sharp in the cars and is extremely accurate.

Mine goes in later this week so I'll let you know how it goes...

JD

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume the sensor can't be used instead of the stock O2's..or is there a way to connect this to the engine computer? Will the unit read two sensors so that you could look at both banks?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
does this wideband 02 kit come with data logging and if so how does it work? I notice it has the grey box, is that where it data logs or do you have to hook up a laptop to do it?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does this wideband 02 kit come with data logging and if so how does it work? I notice it has the grey box, is that where it data logs or do you have to hook up a laptop to do it?

I have been running their stuff for two years. I just upgraded to their latest stuff and last week I got the w/b and rpm logging, next I will add intake air temp and boost to the logging. It will log without a pc but you still have to download to see it or you download directly to a laptop. I logged a few runs today. You do not want the gray box, this is the new version: http://wbo2.com/2b0/default.htm

I even use my old version in customers Vipers to tune with.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony why is it that I don't want the grey box? Is there something wrong with it? What kind of cord do you need to data log or download from the box to your computer?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony why is it that I don't want the grey box? Is there something wrong with it? What kind of cord do you need to data log or download from the box to your computer?

The green box 2B0 is the new updated version, does more etc. Did you look at the link to see how much better/professional it looks ? All you need is an extention cable for the short cable that comes with the unit (standard cable/connectors). If I remember, I will take a pic of how nice it fits in one of the ac vents. I correspond with the owner, I have sold about 10 of these for them.....I sent an e-mail.....maybe I can get a better price ??? Sorry Joseph :)

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. If I remember, I will take a pic of how nice it fits in one of the ac vents. I correspond with the owner, I have sold about 10 of these for them.....I sent an e-mail.....maybe I can get a better price ??? Sorry Joseph :)

Tony can you send me a Video of how it works in a Viper.....

I should have looked him up when I was "under".

Cudaman :usa:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward....you have one, explain what you want ?? The logging works well :nod:

p.s. AB, I just got an e-mail back from them. Hang loose until I/them look at a few options.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward....you have one

I forgot.... :D ....I was wondering what happen to that AC vent.....

I guess it is easy to get 1 over you late nite.

You must be registered for see images

Get it ..they are NOT talking about the President

Cudaman :usa:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Tony. You had me on the phone and you let me, no you TOLD me to order this thing. Why is it that you always become the reseller _after_ I buy the items...

just playin... but as payment, I might make you come over and install it. :)

JD

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy one above (grey box type) for $250.00

Not sure if this is considered a good buy.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy one above (grey box type) for $250.00

Not sure if this is considered a good buy.

See, if you would have said that first.......anyway, you need to find out what sensor it uses. If it uses a NTK or Bosch L1H1 you may be looking at $175 to $300 plus just to replace the sensor (if you can find one). If it comes with the newer Bosch LSU 7057 sensor you will pay $38.00 . Have one L1H1 sensor go bad and you are screwed.
Logging: Depending on how early the version is, you may only be able to log the a/f ......nothing else, not even rpm. Try tuning without knowing what the a/f was at what rpm. I did it but was greatful to buy the newer version even though I already had the old version.
I am going to send ver 1.5 back for the latest updates they can do to the old version. I will sell it for $250 fresh back from TechEdge.
Last, but not least: listen to your uncle Tony ;)

Napa will sell you all the L1H1 sensors you want IF they have any:
http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/search_results_product_detail.d2w/report?prrfnbr=15599879&prmenbr=5806

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony I will hold off on buying that unit. I will give you a call soon to get more details on the wideband kit.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two of them In my Viper (one for each cylinder bank) They work perfect. I have hooked them up with the VEC 2 so that I can get the A/F data integrated with the data from the VEC 2...thats sweet! I download it to the laptop and do all tuning myself.
I have the displays in the vents.

Dyno Dave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently ordered it. There are several folks who use it. It looks sharp in the cars and is extremely accurate.

Mine goes in later this week so I'll let you know how it goes...

JD

Knowing that I have to run linear regression against an extremely expensive emission analysis bench on either side of stoichiometric to get the expensive wide-bands to read correctly, I gotta ask....how do you know it is extremely accurate? What equipment was it measured against to verify it's accuracy?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Linear regression is normally used to make predictions or estimates ..... correct ? If you had an extremely expensive emission analysis bench wouldn't you just compare a/f readings instead of using linear regression to figure out (predict/estimate) accuracy ?

And since my cup is always half empty.....I gotta ask, how do you know the extremely expensive emission analysis bench is correct ? ;)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, I believe Dave is saying that he needs to calculate a correction factor on both sides of stoich. I believe the implication is that the sensors are not off equally on each side and that the data scatter is such that a regression program is needed to come up with the correction factor.

Now, being the devils advocate that I am I have to ask "so what?" What is really important to the performance minded is a cal that produces a safe, best power condition. That means only the rich side of stoich is important and significantly richer than stoich. That is where the accuracy is most important. That is really the opposite of a calibrator, wher the proximity to stoich is very important. And as you lessen the f/a ratio, the resultant variation is much more important. The difference between .1000 and .0950 may be a little black smoke. But the difference between .0700 and .0650 may be nicely holed pistons.

So, for most of us the most important range is .0750 to .1000 (10 - 13.3 a/f for the guys that look at it the other way). Dave how accurate did you find the wide band sensors in that range?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW Tony, Dave is an engineer at DC and uses one of their performance dyno cells. I would assume that the equipment is state of the art and very accurate. Just wish I had it all in my garage :)

Dyno Dave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typically they read richer than the emission bench. They do vary by up to a half a ratio and no, they are not consistent. We calibrate them daily.

The emission bench is calibrated with tanks of pure medical grade gases. We've looked at the newer cheap wide range sensors but found their signal to be too noisy for our use. They are certainly good enough for consumer tuning and I've used one myself for my personal engine. But when I really need accuracy I compare the sensor to the emission bench to generate a correction factor. The EPA doesn't cut any slack.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typically they read richer than the emission bench. They do vary by up to a half a ratio and no, they are not consistent. We calibrate them daily.

Your saying the same w/b is not consistent day to day or different w/b's are not consistent with each other ? Mine is fairly close to dead on with the three dyno w/b's I have used. I do feel that it is consistant day to day....at least, it's as consistant as the car is able to control a/f. If my target is 11.8, I'll take a range of 11.6 to 12.0 and be happy if it's crossing my target. Us users out here in the real world don't have much choice unless you can start sneaking equipment out for us......assuming it will fit in an a/c vent. lol