What does SRT stand for?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given the issues the car has when actually taken to the track, they should write it SrT. If they ever put an effective oiling system into the car along with a Quaife dif, then they could capitalize the R.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let's see:

S stands for Street . As in the Corvette Z06 is the faster Street car.

R stands for Racing . As in you need to do $5000 worth of modifications to do ANY realistic track time (Comp Coupe swing arm pick-up and oil pan, Comp Coupe or Quaife differential, roll bars). None of which were required for a Gen II to do track time with street tires :(

T stands for Technology . And where the heck did they think of that with the anti-technology Viper (not that it is a bad thing but Viper surely does not stand for Technology).

Overall I would say that the SRT group missed in all regards. Car Name (same as a TRUCK), car styling and even their own group name. But I am sure they met their cost cutting targets!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let's see:

S stands for Street . As in the Corvette Z06 is the faster Street car.

R stands for Racing . As in you need to do $5000 worth of modifications to do ANY realistic track time (Comp Coupe swing arm pick-up and oil pan, Comp Coupe or Quaife differential, roll bars). None of which were required for a Gen II to do track time with street tires :(

T stands for Technology . And where the heck did they think of that with the anti-technology Viper (not that it is a bad thing but Viper surely does not stand for Technology).

Overall I would say that the SRT group missed in all regards. Car Name (same as a TRUCK), car styling and even their own group name. But I am sure they met their cost cutting targets!

Agreee on all points. Always thought DC should just spin the Viper off to it's own subsidiary and dump the SRT moniker. I mean, the car is known as "Viper" to the general public. Rarely do people refer to it as Dodge Viper, and even less SRT-10.

There should just be a company called Viper with a vert and coupe option. If I really get things my way, they should also offer it in "new" and "classic" body styles. :D