What ENGINE OIL!

NEWs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off i¨d like to say thanks to this forum, where we can find so much useful information!

We have a 2002 FE Viper, ACR here in Norway, this car has now received a ROE RACING S/C system, new PCM, and a BB exhaust, and a removal of the cats. We finished off installing everything yesterday evening, and the last thing we did before going home, was to start it up, what a nice sound the BB is making, great!!

ROE Racing is a company we can give our thumbs up for, because they have been very helpful, and service minded!

Now to the real question, what engine oil do you guys run ?? do you use factory recomended, or something else!!

In advcance, thanks!!

NEW :2tu:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oil ???

Where do you put it?

I use Mobil 1 10w30 in the SRT and 15w40 in the RT/10. The RT/10 is not driven in less than 70 degree weather so no issue for the higher viscosity. Don't know about your temps there in Norway (though I am 50% Norwegian so I should I guess) but would guess 10w30 would be best there.

OP
OP
N

NEWs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, seems like the factory specs is to go with!,

Youre half norwegian, well in the summer we see abt. in a good day 23 - 27 Celsius! Strange youre half norwegian, and in michigan, i¨m leaving for a trip to the USA tomorrow, and will travel from New York to Chicago, and stay in Michigan some!,

There is Chevyvettefest in Chicago this weekend!!!!!!

NEW

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEW - what part of Norway? Do you make the run from Gardermon down the E6? (Always seem to be patrolled) Styling on Karl Johan Blvd? I can't imagine the displacement tax you pay :) I would like to drive my Viper in Norge but getting it there would be a bit much. The road from Oslo to Holmenkolen <sp> might be nice also. In a Viper it would be nice to skip the train to Bergen and drive! Anyway, enjoy the Viper!

OP
OP
N

NEWs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ceieio!

Hi, i live in the midwest of Norway, however the owner of the car lives close to Oslo, so i guess that he will take it for a spin, at Karl Johan...

He is a good friend of mine, and i found this Viper for him in FL, last summer, We have it up here now, and he¨ll pick it up again in late May.

NEW

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Castrol RS 10W/60 + Mopar original filters. For brakes and clutch do I use Castrol SRF. On Nitrous did I get scuffing on the cylinder walls with Mobil, with Castrol nothing.

Let me know if I can be of any help...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang