What is the approximate value of a 2001 Hennessey Viper ?

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate knowing (approx.) what the value of a 2001 Hennessey Viper in excellent condition is?

THANKS!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$45-55K. $US

Hard to say, as he made lots of different models with different engine packages.

Some people will pay more for a Hennessey, others will pay more for stock.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would appreciate knowing (approx.) what the value of a 2001 Hennessey Viper in excellent condition is?

THANKS!
KELLEY blue book the car with the mileage. All that after market stuff is worth 10 cents on the dollar in most cases and even runs off many would be buyers.

V

Venomiss

Maybe give Woodhouse a call and they can look it up and give you their opinion.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Mods may scare off a large number of potential buyers. If you let your moded car hang around eventually someone who wants the mods will find your car and BANG you'll get a decent return. 10 cents on the dollar is freaking outragous. Only if your car has stupid red rims and a checker board stripe down the doors will mods hurt the value. Car collectors may like stock, but these beasts were made for the road and track, not the museum!!!

:usa:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Mods may scare off a large number of potential buyers. If you let your moded car hang around eventually someone who wants the mods will find your car and BANG you'll get a decent return. 10 cents on the dollar is freaking outragous. Only if your car has stupid red rims and a checker board stripe down the doors will mods hurt the value. Car collectors may like stock, but these beasts were made for the road and track, not the museum!!!

My old GTS had over 35 grand in the Motor(best of the best ) .The car was streetable on pump gas and stock tires ran 11.2 at 132 mph nat asperated.The above being said i did not get one dollar for the mods over what a stock car with that mileage would have brought .An Ex Nat Vca Pres would up buying it from me so you know the car was in great shape.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long was you car listed and did you advertise the mods and stress the extra value???

There is a difference if you need to sell, or the market ***** (like it does now), or even if your car has been listed for a while. If you don't HAVE TO sell, you can hold out and stress to your buyer the modifications and explain the cost to do such mods. Obviously the buyer picking up your car would get them cheaper but for free.... that's your fault.

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a few years, you will have to SUBTRACT the mods' costs and ADD the cost for a restoration to stock. Look at modded sixties Corvettes. A vintage Vette heavily modded ain't worth anything, unless it's a racer with a documented pedigree. In the meantime 10 cents on the dollar seems fair. Mods are for rich people who don't mind losing money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960