What is the best replacement battery???

Reaction score
It's not just about price!!!...The OPTIMA lasts 7-9 years. It can also go as long as 1 year in storage. NO, I REPEAT, NO MAINTENANCE...Very important issues to people who don't drive the car a lot.

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is he is talking about shelf life- when disconnected. The steady drain the PCM & stereo place upon the battery means that any battery will drain without a tender.

I replaced mine with a store-brand unit from Les Schwab- fit great, cranks over every time. 5 year warranty- that's better than the 14 months I got out of the OEM unit.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Douglas batteries in my Vipers. They fit right, are priced right, and have a 2 year replacement warranty. They are maintenance free too. Why take a chance of the Optima "possibly" fitting?

Reaction score
The battery tray to frame rail distance varies and on some cars top terminal batteries will not fit. Measure the distance between the frame and Battery tray first.

Ron Jones

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OEM batteries can't be that bad. I still have the original battery in my '93.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I am concerned...a battery is a battery. I have seen brand new Interstates go bad after 1 year...I have seen Pep Boys Batteries last 7 years. When I buy batteries, I look for price. I wouldn't spend a penny over $60 for any battery for any car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery