What is the Best Roll Bar for an 2006 Vert

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin (DC Performance in LA) installed mine and lots of others here in S. Calif. Dan has a specialty shop near him fabricate and install the roll bars and they differ from most in that they remove the rear wheel fender liners and weld in steel struts that run from the roll bar to the rear frame rails on each side. I beleive this is much stronger than others that simply mount to the rear bulkhead. I see you're in AZ but if you ever got your car to LA it might be worth having Dan install it. Around $2,200 installed as I recall.
9508SRT10_RollBar_003.jpg

9508SRT10_RollBar_001.jpg

OP
OP
F

FASTFUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin (DC Performance in LA) installed mine and lots of others here in S. Calif. Dan has a specialty shop near him fabricate and install the roll bars and they differ from most in that they remove the rear wheel fender liners and weld in steel struts that run from the roll bar to the rear frame rails on each side. I beleive this is much stronger than others that simply mount to the rear bulkhead. I see you're in AZ but if you ever got your car to LA it might be worth having Dan install it. Around $2,200 installed as I recall.
9508SRT10_RollBar_003.jpg

9508SRT10_RollBar_001.jpg

Thanks for the info. Do you have any trouble seeing out the rear view mirror?
:usa:

outnumbered

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a photo of the newer design that has lowered the bar so no problem with rear view.
8409510Rollbar_005-med.jpg

Hey Tony,

Is this roll bar legal for NHRA, and HPDE's?

What is involved with the installation? Is it major work? Is it DIY?

Lastly why is it better than the stock bar? I see it has the extra brace.

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. On the site here from the forum link, the adds do not say they are Autoform, unless I missed something.

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The crossbar on the DC Performance rollbar is high enough so that it does not block rear view. Also, I tried an Autoform hardtop at a Viper Day event and it fits over the DC bar.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't like the look with the bar running across the back like that, if the other one has the bar under the rear cover panel .. that's the way to go IMHO.

Can you add removable side bars to make it closer to NHRA to pass a normal tech inspection at an average track?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Fastfun

Both bars work pretty well. The Autoform bar does attach to the frame and the bulk head, I have one. The stock "hoops" aren't bars at all, they're just for looks. Check the archives for pics.

I've run a bunch of events with the Autoform bar without any issues. I went with the newer one. No rear view issues and both the soft and hard tops fit neatly over it.

Ray McIntyre, myself and several other Viper owners ran at Willow Springs Raceway this last weekend. Ray ran in the red group with the DC Bar without any issues, top down.

I doubt that either of these would pass NHRA standards when strictly applied but they both seem to be acceptable at all of the road racing events.

Good luck,

Dan

OP
OP
F

FASTFUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fastfun

Both bars work pretty well. The Autoform bar does attach to the frame and the bulk head, I have one. The stock "hoops" aren't bars at all, they're just for looks. Check the archives for pics.

I've run a bunch of events with the Autoform bar without any issues. I went with the newer one. No rear view issues and both the soft and hard tops fit neatly over it.

Ray McIntyre, myself and several other Viper owners ran at Willow Springs Raceway this last weekend. Ray ran in the red group with the DC Bar without any issues, top down.

I doubt that either of these would pass NHRA standards when strictly applied but they both seem to be acceptable at all of the road racing events.

Good luck,

Dan

I want to Thankyou all for the help! :usa: :2tu:

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the bar going across the back. It definately gets people's attention. It is only a minor distraction in the mirror (who looks back right?).